Garmin BaseCamp comes with 3D mapping capabilities and gives you the possibility to transfer the data from you Garmin device to your Mac.
Garmin BaseCamp is able to display custom maps, BirdsEye imagery, tracks, waypoints and routes. To render 3D maps Garmin BaseCamp requires topographic maps.
Here are some key features of "Garmin BaseCamp":
· Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
· Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
· Download, display, and transfer BirdsEye imagery to supported devices.
· Import, display and transfer Garmin Custom Maps to supported devices.
· Advanced geocache support
· Exchange custom waypoint symbols with selected devices
· Intel-based or PowerPC G4 or later.
· 1024 MB RAM (2048 MB recommended)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an issue where display mode was not preserved between app runs
· Fixed an issue where elevation plot was not available for Fenix tracks
· Fixed an issue where moving a track point cleared the time data
· Fixed an issue where ascent and descent data was not calculated for some tracks
· Improved copy/paste behavior for data from tables (User Data Table, Tracks, etc.) into other applications
· Various route creation and editing stability improvements
· Various map stability improvements