GanttProject is a popular cross-platform application that will allow you to manage and schedule your professional projects.
As its name suggests, GanttProject is a Gantt chart based tool for scheduling and managing all sorts of projects.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the GanttProject utility on your Mac are available HERE.
GanttProject is cross-platform and can run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "GanttProject":
· Create work breakdown structure, draw dependencies, define milestones.
· Assign human resources to work on tasks, see their allocation on the Resource Load chart.
· Generate PERT chart from Gantt chart.
· Save charts as PNG images, generate PDF and HTML reports.
· Import projects from and export them to Microsoft Project formats. Export to spreadsheets with CSV.
· Share projects with your colleagues using WebDAV.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Milestone toggle does not work in projects not converted to zero-duration milestones
· Buttons move down when toggling with lock button
· Dragging a task in the Gantt chart has no corresponding effect in the resourses chart
· Task copy does not keep duration
· Finish-Finish dependency gets extra positive lag which depends on successor task duration
· Indent action is disabled under some conditions
· Task end dates in CSV export are one day greater than in GanttProject UI
· Total resource load is missing on the resource chart
· "Move project" feature inserts huge gaps between tasks