Firebox is an iPhone and desktop application that provides customizable, easy-to-use, encrypted storage.
Firebox lets you organize and view your information however you wish, and you can rearrange it at any time.
Firebox encrypts all of your data using Blowfish, widely recognized as a strong encryption algorithm. Equally important, Firebox uses Blowfish in Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) mode, required by most encryption specifications. It uses 64-bit keys with PBKDF2 key strengthening, to protect against standard attacks.
While other products advertise 256-bit or larger keys, a key is only as good as the password used to create it. 256-bit keys provide the same level of security as 64-bit keys with passwords of 11 characters or less -- which appears to include most real-world passwords.
Whenever Firebox exits -- whether you switch apps, lock your iPhone, or shut it off -- your database is secured. Firebox erases the decrypted version of your data from RAM, and only the encrypted version remains on the iPhone's flash storage.
Here are some key features of "Firebox Desktop":
Example templates to edit are included, but you can make your own for:
· logins and passwords
· serial numbers
· registration and licenses
· credit cards
· medical and insurance numbers
· private contacts
· software serial numbers
· any info you need to keep private
· Firebox allows you to store an unlimited text in each Field
· Strong, best practices encryption.
· Direct synchronization with the desktop app (Mac).
· Emergency restore (Mac or PC).
· Unlimited Folders, Fields, and Records.
· Choose what data to show in the Folder summary.
· Data Types, with alternate display and live links.