Fantastical is a very easy to use application that provides status bar access to your calendar and makes creating an event quick, easy, and fun.
Open Fantastical by clicking the menu bar icon or pressing a customizable keyboard shortcut. Type in your event details and press return... and you're back to what you were doing with a shiny new event in your calendar!
Fantastical's natural language engine is expressive and intelligent so you can write in your own style. Fantastical will even recognize the location of your event and let you invite people from your Address Book to the event.
Your events have never looked better - The event list and calendar allow you to easily locate and plan all of your events. Color-coding and beautiful design help you quickly make sense of your schedule. You can even change the number of events you want displayed, allowing you to focus.
Just click an event and the event's important details will be displayed. Instantly.
BYOC (Bring Your Own Calendar) - Fantastical works with your favorite calendar application: iCal, Entourage, or Outlook.
You can even use Google Calendar or Yahoo! Calendar accounts: simply add them to iCal and you're all set.
NOTE: To buy Fantastical via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Fantastical":
· CalDAV sync - We built our own implementation of CalDAV. Translation: Just add your calendars to iCal and Fantastical will automatically sync your events, keeping them up-to-date. Even when iCal isn't running. We sweat the details so you don't have to.
· Automatic alarms - Fantastical can automatically add alarms to all of your new events. You can even customize your alarm settings based on all-day events or timed events. You'll never miss an important event again.
· Search - Instantly locate your events, past, present, and future. And just like the event list, clicking an event instantly displays the important details about the event.
· 14 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Pressing return in the location field now adds the event instead of adding a new line
· Fixed the event/reminder switch not respecting user settings
· Fixed an issue where Fantastical could hang at startup
· Fixed an issue with all day events when changing the system's time zone
· Fixed a situation where the new event preview in the calendar could get stuck "on"
· Fixed a bug where entering something like "task laundry" would create an event instead of a reminder
· Fixed a bug where clicking URLs sometimes didn't work
· Fixed a bug where /calendarname would choose disabled calendars instead of enabled calendars
· Fixed a bug adding events to certain calendars in Outlook
· Fixed some parser issues
· Various fixes and improvements