Citrix Receiver is a very easy to deploy application that provides quick access to XenApp or XenDesktop servers content to users with self-service.
Citrix Receiver is a great solution if you need to securely access hosted applications and desktops fast.
Citrix Receiver will also prove useful if you want to configure it for use with Citrix CloudGateway or for web access.
Here are some key features of "Citrix Receiver":
· Virtual desktops and applications from any device
· User self-service for ultimate flexibility
· Virtual office on the go with the iPad
· Bring your own device to work
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Single authentication to the Access Gateway:
· Use of a single session for both VPN and clientless access so that a Receiver user logs on once for both types of access and consumes only one license.
· Automatic routing of ICA traffic through the Access Gateway ICA proxy for optimal user experience.
· Automatic start-up of a VPN tunnel when a user logs on. This feature requires that you disable the Single Sign-On with Windows setting on the Access Gateway.
Improved logon and logoff operations:
· Users are prompted to log on to Receiver only when a logon is required. Actions that require a log on include starting an app from Receiver or the Finder, using the Refresh Apps command, viewing or searching for apps, or adding an account. A user is logged on only to the account associated with the requested resource.
· Users remain logged on until choosing to log off or exit Receiver, roam from the internal network to an external network, or delete passwords.
· A VPN tunnel is established only if needed...