Caliander is the Mac calendar app that keeps you on top of things with a minimum of fuss.
Create events five times faster, enjoy a smarter presentation of your events, and create events from anywhere, at anytime, with a global keyboard shortcut!
NOTE: To buy Caliander via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Caliander":
Create Events x5 Faster:
· Caliander allows you to create events directly from the keyboard using natural english descriptions. You’ll be typing the title anyway, so why not type in the date and save yourself from having to move between umpteen fields using the mouse or the tab key?
· And don’t worry: Caliander is able to provide support for all the normal mouse interactions as well.
· Instead of borrowing the static layout from paper calendars, Caliander takes a new approach and shows your events on a timeline in a dynamic way.
· Why should a computer calendar have the problems of paper calendars? Seeing the past instead of the future at the end of the month; trying to fit everything inside the little box of that extra busy day?
· Caliander also has an extra trick, perfect for checking your daily schedule: switch on the perceptual log mode and the distant future is squeezed together to show the more import near future in greater detail. This means you’ll see today’s schedule in great detail, but still be reminded of all the things coming up in the next couple of days.
Create Events from Anywhere, Anytime:
· Pick a keyboard shortcut, and you can add a new event from any application, even if Caliander isn’t even running. Adding events is so easy, you’ll stop putting it off!
Works with iCal and all your devices:
· Caliander uses the same calendar database as iCal, so there is no need to import your old calendar. Changes made in Caliander instantly appears in iCal and vice versa. Your calendars are synced with your phone, iPod or iPad just as usual!
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Runs in the security sandbox.
· Instantly pushes changes to network calendars without requiring Calendar.app (iCal) to be running (requires Mountain Lion). To continously pull changes, Calendar.app must still be running.
· On Lion, changes are no longer seen in other calendar applications. Upgrade to Mountain Lion!
· Adds ability to show all or no calendars.
· Always displays the date in the timeline.
· Commits changes when clicking outside the inline title editor.
· Moves the Duplicate Event menu to the File menu.
· Other bug fixes.