Budget is an application that helps you setup and live by your budget. You maywrite checks, make deposits, enter pays and balance your checkbook.
See at a glance how much money you have in over 150 budget accounts and 25 investment accounts. Transfer money between accounts using simple drag and drop.
Powerful search capabilities allow you to find transactions easily.
A 68 page user manual in PDF format provides documentation on all application functions.
NOTE: To buy Budget via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Budget":
· New! Redesigned Import: Supports OFX and QIF files.
· New! Simplified Setup: Easier to use setup assistant with two levels of usage.
· Bank Account Management: Record checks, debits, and deposits, and easily balance your checkbook.
· OFX/QIF Import: Convert data from other applications, or download your transactions from a bank.
· Reminders: Repeating transactions such as monthly bills can be set up as reminders.
· iCal Integration: See your upcoming transactions in an iCal calendar.
· Define Pay Sources: Set up your income to automatically distribute funds to various envelopes.
· Savings and Investments: Manage your savings accounts and track your investment portfolio.
· Reports and Statistics: See how well you are keeping within your budget.
· New! Dynamic Pay Options: See calculated pay allocations as you enter your expenses.
· Automatic Backup: Keeps a copy of your last data file.
· Credit Cards: Track your credit card spending, and stay out of debt.
· Currency Conversion: Convert amounts between more than 50 currencies.
· Print Checks: Print personal or business checks, including an image of your signature, on any printer.
· Powerful Search Capability: Find any transaction using a combination of different criteria.
· Spring-Loaded Envelopes: Using drag and drop to transfer money, group envelopes will spring open.
· Pay/Deposit Rules: Prioritize and distribute pays or deposits to envelopes using a powerful rule based system.
· 10 MB hard drive space.
· Various features are disabled or limited.
· Can record only 250 transactions total (25 transactions in any single envelope), and can only balance each bank account 4 times if it is not purchased.
· Watermark on reports and printed checks.
· Transaction and report data cannot be exported in various formats
· The Find Transaction command cannot have unlimited number of criteria, and additional backup options will not be available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the ability to sync associated envelopes with Budget Touch v1.6 or later.
· Added the ability to merge two envelopes.
· Added the ability to automatically record reminders.
· Attempted overdraft of envelope now results in message to transfer funds rather than transfer window.
· Budget is sandboxed on Mac OS X 10.7 and later for increased security.
· Codesigned with a Developer ID from Apple (to keep the Mac OS X 10.8 Gatekeeper happy). Budget had previously been codesigned using a Verisign ID ever since April 2008.
· Fixed reminder bug that caused recorded pays to show up in the calendar.
· Fixed cents truncation in pay rules.
· Fixed editing transaction to different account or envelope and changing amount at same time.