iPod.iTunes is a great application designed to provide support for two-way synchronization between your Mac and your iPod.
iPod.iTunes will scan the source content and will transfer only the tracks that are missing to the target, without creating duplicates.
iPod.iTunes is also able to sync metadata like the play count, rating, last played, album artwork and more.
Here are some key features of "iPod.iTunes":
· One-click synchronization.
· Works independently of your
· iTunes- and iPod settings. More...
· Suppress iTunes' own iPod sync with a single mouse click, so iTunes cannot delete content on the iPod.
· Active guiding.
· Superior iTunes integration including playlists and meta data.
· 8 synchronization modes in 2 directions (from iPod to iTunes and from iTunes to iPod).
· Option to choose songs manually if you don't want to copy all missing songs. iPod.iTunes presents missing songs/videos directly in iTunes! You can inspect/listen to songs and videos before you choose to copy them.
· Songs and playlists can be synchronized together or separately.
· Supported formats: MP3, AAC/MP4, Protected AAC (iTunes Music Store), Audible audio books, Podcasts, Apple Lossless, Video.
· Copies seamlessly to existing songs in the iTunes music folder (or any other folder).
· Copied files are named as iTunes does.
· Never overwrites any existing files.
· Creates a date&time-stamped playlist in iTunes with a reference to the copied songs.
· Supports Windows-formatted iPods.
· Support for the iPod's "On The Go" playlist.
· iPod.iTunes can run directly off the iPod, so it's always there when you need it.
· Registration is independent of the computer. Just connect your iPod to any Mac without the need to register the Mac.
· One-click application updating.
· Universal Binary - runs native on Intel/PPC.
· Keep songs/videos and playlists on different Macs and iPods up to date.
· Do a full restore of songs/videos and playlists from your iPod - i.e. after a hard disk failure or if you buy a new Mac.
· Revert accident deletion of songs, videos and playlists in iTunes, if these are still on your iPod.
· Synchronize from iTunes to a "foreign" iPod (an iPod linked/synced to another iTunes library) without deleting the iPod, like iTunes does.
· Synchronize to a linked/synced iPod without deleting content on it as iTunes' own synchronization does when content on the iPod is no longer in the iTunes library.
· Transfer an iTunes library from one Mac to another via an iPod.
· Clone an iPod (see the application's Help menu).
· Backup an iPod. (see the application's Help menu).
· An Apple Macintosh with an Intel, G3, G4 or G5 processor
· iTunes version 4.2 or later
· A Mac- or Windows-formatted iPod
· iPhone / iPod touch / iPad: Support for iPhone / iPod touch / iPad with jailbreak.
· Skips about 50% of songs during synchronization (the exact rate depends on the contents on the iPod).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Song/Movie Preview.
· Select a media item and press the space key (or double click an item) to start pre-listening/pre-viewing media. During preview, you can change the selection and it will be played automatically.
· To stop, press the space key again.
· Improvements in the following areas: User Interface, Sync, Device Reading (faster).
· Tested with iTunes 11.0.3.