Giada is a free, minimalistic but hardcore audio application developed especially for DJs and live performers.
Load up to 32 samples, choose to play them in single mode (drum machine) or loop mode (sequencer) and start the show with your computer keyboard as a controller.
Giada aims to be a compact and portable virtual device for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows for production use and live sets.
Here are some key features of "Giada":
Ultra-lightweight internal design:
· Giada is designed to be a fast and reliable audio tool, focused on productivity. 100% exotic dependencies free.
· The music never stops, even during the heaviest processing.
32 bit floating point audio engine:
· All samples are internally converted and managed to provide hi-definition audio mixing, with full ALSA, JACK, CoreAudio and DirectSound support.
Up to 32 audio channels controlled via computer keyboard:
· Manage loops and events, play samples, mute and stop channels: everything through your computer's keyboard.
Different playback modes and combinations:
· Play single-shot samples, compose your song with layered loops or use Giada as a live drum machine.
Bpm and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine:
· Giada can run for hours without losing a bpm, thanks to its sample-based calculations.
· Align the samples on exact fractions of beats to gain an ultra-precise live performance.
· Record every action from active channels, possibly building the structure of your entire track from scratch.
· All your sounds and actions can be safely stored into small and compact open source files.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Resizable plugin parameter window
· New and standard package name format
· Implement RtAudio::getCompiledApi() to fetch compiled APIs
· Implement audioMasterGetSampleRate, audioMasterGetLanguage VST opcodes
· Add drop down menu for buffer size values in config panel
· Enhance project portability between OSes
· Lots of fixes and improvements for VST strings and parameters
· Avoid segfault when loading recs from a patch with files not found
· Always remember selected program when shifting up/down plugins
· Fix wrong size of single_press displayed in action editor
· Fix volume actions resized with value set to zero
· Fix volume envelope always over the cover area
· Fix src package extracts to current dir
· Fix segfault in loadpatch process if plugin GUIs are open
· Fix segfault when closing patch with plugins in BAD status