Master the tones across the entire musical spectrum
The prefix XEN (pronounced "zen") comes from xeno, meaning "strange" or "foreign" in Greek. The term xenharmonic refers to music using pitches and intervals which sound unfamiliar and exotic to most Western listeners.
Such music is also called microtonal, because differences between xenharmonic pitches can exist at the micro scale, the subtlety of which challenges the limits of human perception. With Xentone you will become intimately familiar with the strange and exotic world of xenharmony and microtones.
This experience will not only strengthen your conventional aural skills, but will broaden your understanding of musical intonation and increase your appreciation for the expressive power of the pitch dimension in music.
Xentone will surely help you achieve mastery of pitch and interval recognition across the entire musical spectrum.
- various linceses available to suit individual and classroom needs →
- practice microtonal intervals, pitches, chords, melodies and staff sight reading
- race against the clock, and review your performance
- drives internal synthesizer, plus external synths on Windows version
- .sf2 Sound Fonts supported in Mac version
- imports Scala .scl and .tun scale files
- integrated HTML-based help
- user control over a wide range of parameters:
- interval sizes, qualities, types, and intonations
- pitch letters, accidentals, shifts, and intonations
- staff positions: staff, region, and micro levels
- chord structures and inversions
- pitch, interval, and chord durations and registers
- wide range of racing game (testing) parameters
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bug Fixes:
- Incorrect tuning issue for non-US comstomers fixed
- interval xone array no longer sometimes has missing xone buttons when toggling between practice options
- Instant Replay for scale-based Racing Games now selects the scale properly