VSTshell is an easy-to-use OS X shell that allows you to use VST instruments and effects outside of your VST host.
The Multi VST Shell is a multitimbral variant of VSTshell and enables you to play 4 VSTis simultaneously.
- The interface has been cleaned up, with easier to read text and toggles that more clearly show their state.
- Multi-timbrality has been implemented, so you can access all channels of a plug-in; to make this more usable with the arpeggiator, you can now send any arpeggiator slot to any instrument slot and target specific Midi channels.
- Plugs are now loaded via menus which, as long as you're using the default locations, should automatically display all your VST and AU plugs (you can also store your plugs elsewhere and direct VSTShell to find them, but this may not be remembered).
- A Patches window is available to load VST/AU presets by name (if the plug supports this).
- State saving has now been implemented: most settings can be saved/restored, including the plugs loaded and arpeggiator sequences - with some caveats. A 'Safe Load' mode has been implemented, to avoid crashes when trying to load all your plugs at once.
- A Record window is available so that you can record the audio output to ...