TiMidity++ is a powerful software synthesizer that can be used to play MIDI files by converting them into PCM waveform data.
TiMidity++ plays sounds, but also saves generates waveforms to hard disks as various audio file formats.
Note: TiMidity++ is a free software, distributed under the terms of GNU general public license.
Here are some key features of "Timidity++":
· Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
· Understands SMF, MOD, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI
· Converts MIDI files into various audio file formats: .wav, .au, .aiff, .ogg and so on
· Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and/or SoundFonts as the voice data
· Displays information about the music that is now playing
· Various user interfaces: ncurses, gtk, Win32-GUI, and others
· Plays remote MIDI files over the network
· Plays MIDI files in archive files
· Displays sound spectrogram for the playing music
· Trace playing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· interface/xaw_i.c: Under some rare circumstances (a file with a specifically crafted name and timidity executed fromthe same directory), a missing NULL check in setDirACT can lead to a crash. Add the check. While at it, add another NULL check just in case.