TB EBULoudness 3.0.5
A tool for broadcasters who want to measure and normalize audio files
EBU Loudness app calculates k-weighted momentary loudness (LM), short-term loudness (LS), integrated loudness (LI) and loudness range (LRA) compliant with the EBU specifications. Furthermore, true-peak levels (dBTP) are displayed as well. For more information on EBU loudness, please go here.
Besides compliance to loudness requirements, TB_EBULoudness is also a very useful tool to align the perceived loudness of different audio tracks (for example on an album).
Differences in loudness (expressed as loudness units, or LU) can be directly translated into attenuation or gain expressed in dB to align the loudness of two or more tracks.Furthermore, the loudness range indicator can provide valuable information to verify the dynamic range of a track, and the potential need for dynamic range compression.
For more detailed information on loudness measurement, the use of loudness meters in a broadcast chain, and an explanation of the various loudness descriptors, EBU has published this very useful document.
EBU Loudness is a stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement plugin compliant with EBU-R BS.1770, EBU R-128, EBU TechReport 3341 and EBU TechReport 3342.
- Loudness analysis compliant with ITU-R BS.1770, ATSC A/85, EBU-R128, and EBU Tech report 3341.
- Loudness range (LRA) support according EBU Tech report 3342.
- EBU mode LUFS, EBU+9, EBU+18 and EBU+27 loudness scales
- True-peak (dBTP) measurement including oversampling and DC compensation
- Support of all sampling rates from 22kHz upwards
- Set of one compact (stereo only) and one full-fledged multi-channel (5.1) plugin
- Maximum recording/loudness integration time of 10 hours continuously
- Ability to sync with play/pause of the DAW host (if supported by host)
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Mitigated a Cubase bug that could cause a crash when scanning plugins
- Removed power on/off dependency on soft bypass
- Fixed VU meter lights on Windows XP