Spectrotune is a free and open-source Processing application that scans a polyphonic audio source (in wav format), performs pitch detection and
outputs to MIDI.
In order to improve pitch detection, Spectrotune provides these adjustable options:
· Pitch Class Profiling (PCP)
· FFT Bin Distance Weighting
· FFT Windowing - rectangular, hamming, hann, triangular, cosine, and blackman windows.
· FFT Linear Equalization - attenuate low freqencies and amplify high freqencies
· Noise Smoothing - rectangle, triangle, and adjacent average smoothers.
· Adjustable Peak Threshold
· Octave toggles - narrow the spectrum to the octaves you are interested in recording.
· MIDI octave channel segmenting - route each octave to its own MIDI channel.