Solfege is an open source and cross-platform music education software, developed using the Python programming language.
The Solfege application is designed to be easily extended with lesson files, so the user can create new exercises.
Solfege can be used to train your rhythm, interval, scale and chord skills.
NOTE: If you do not want to install Solfege and all its dependencies from source like described HERE, you can use Fink or MacPorts following the guide available HERE.
Here are some key features of "Solfege":
· Recognize melodic and harmonic intervals
· Compare interval sizes
· Sing the intervals the computer asks for
· Identify chords
· Sing chords
· Remembering rhythmic patterns
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· documentation: the intervals lesson file variable was documented wrongly.
· 140% line-height in the generated user manual
· the elembuilder module changed how it stored its statistics. So all elembuilder statistics will be lost. We will save a backup of the statistics database the first time 3.21.2 is run.
· gu.FlashBar: display extra strings (set by kwargs) in the same font as the rest of the string.
· Put a deprecation notice in the chord modules gui.
· interval exercises: added larger intervals, up to double octave
· elembuilder: make the answer buttons insensitive when the user is not supposed to click on them.
· added the header.statistics_matrices lesson file variable
· mpd: try to avoid crashing noteheads when displaying two noteheads at the same step, but with different accidentals.
· the statistics page for each exercise now have a button that let us delete the statistics for the exercise.
· The --debug option wi...