Drift uses a fractal-based modulation generator that produces endlessly developing waveforms.
The resulted waveforms are unique per each audio channel, and have controllable speed, smoothness and intensity.
This fractal waveform is then applied onto the sound level and allows you to create various stereoscopic effects like pan fluctuation, ever-changing crossfades, and chaotic tremolo.
Combined with a very simple interface, Drift allows you to easily bring life into static sounds.
Here are some key features of "Drift":
· Two-dimensional fractal generator with variable speed and smoothness.
· Sound level and filter cutoff modulation.
· Intuitive, resolution-independent user interface.
· AU host
· Noise bursts every 20 seconds
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Completely new user interface, with new color scheme and larger controls.
· Re-calibrated level and filter modulation intensity.
· Added required Audio Unit format changes for OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
· Removed support for Power PC processors and OS X 10.5.
· Minor performance optimizations.
· New preset patches.