Silent Way is a collection of audio plug-ins that producers / sound engineers can use with analogue synthesizers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesizer system.
Silent Way's plugins to not create sound themselves, nor do they process sound - rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system.
Additionally, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, you will be able to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing.
As for the audio interface between the computer and the synth, it needs to be “DC coupled” i.e. capable of maintaining a DC voltage at its outputs.
Silent Way includes the following 12 plugins: Silent Way DC, Silent Way LFO, Silent Way Step LFO, Silent Way Quantizer, Silent Way Trigger, Silent Way CV Input, Silent Way CV To OSC, Silent Way CV To MIDI, Silent Way SMUX, Silent Way AC En- coder, Silent Way Sync and Silent Way Voice Controller. These are described in more detail below.
Here are some key features of "Silent Way":
· full MIDI and OSC control.
· MIDI/OSC scriptability.
· sample-accurate handling of MIDI note messages.
· AU / VST / AAX host
· Time-out after 15 minutes of use
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Silent Way Logic Project.
· Added controls for Interface Categories.
· Silent Way Step LFO can now be reset and/or triggered by MIDI notes and/or incoming CVs.
· Added ‘Gate Length’ control to Silent Way Step LFO.
· Added ‘Random’ feature to Silent Way Step LFO.
· Silent Way CV To MIDI, VST version, can now output MIDI direct to the host.
· Silent Way CV To MIDI can now output MIDI directly to Silent Way Learner.
· Silent Way Learner now supports MIDI polyphonic pressure messages.
· Added ‘SMUX Proof’ mode for Silent Way ESX-4CV Combiner.
· Fixed Silent Way Learner, VST and AU versions, to correctly output silence.