SignalSuite is a powerful Mac OS X audio test signal generator that opens up endless possibilities for additional signal types.
This includes signals stored in standard audio files, which can be now played within SignalSuite by using the AUAudioFilePlayer plug-in included with Mac OS X.
SignalSuite also opens up the option to play back signals sent across a network from another computer, via the AUNetSend/AUNetReceive plug-ins, which are also included with Mac OS X.
NOTE: To buy SignalSuite via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "SignalSuite":
· Select any audio output device available in Mac OS X
· Select any two output channels on multi-channel audio devices
· Choose from all output signal formats supported by the current audio device
· Invert polarity on either output channel
· Relative Phase adjustment between the two periodic signals
· Independent amplitude adjustment, fine and coarse frequency controls, and pan for periodic signals
· Choose upper and lower frequency limits, duration, sweep direction, and repeat of swept sine
· Choose any combination of available signal types to be active simultaneously
· Master Start/Pause control
· Master Volume control
· Start or pause SignalSuite from the dock icon popup menu
· Save signals of arbitrary duration directly to a standard audio file (AIFF or WAVE format)
· Extensive AppleScript support
· Multiple panning behaviors
Generate any of the following signal types:
· Square Wave with arbitrary duty cycle
· Triangle Wave
· Sawtooth Wave
· Random Noise (white or pink)
· Maximum Length Sequence, or MLS (white or pink)
· Pseudorandom Noise (white or pink), designed for a perfectly flat spectrum with corresponding FFT length
· Swept Sine (Chirp) with linear or logarithmic frequency sweep
· Optional Swept Cosine signal, phase-locked with Swept Sine
· Any signals produced by Audio Unit generator plug-ins
· Core Audio compatible audio output device
· 30 days trial
· The saving and data export features are disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A bug that could potentially cause the app to crash has been corrected.
· Other minor and cosmetic issues have been addressed.