ShadowScript is a live music concert teleprompter system that was specifically designed for live music events like rock concerts (it's NOT an adapted "speech teleprompter" that you can adapt for use in concerts!)
Its entire feature set was designed to fit the demands of putting on a live music event on stage and its associated tasks. ShadowScript has been "road tested" and refined by major artists while ON TOUR!
The theory of ShadowScript is different from most all other teleprompting software! ShadowScript was created to perform the tasks needed to support live music performances (instead of "speech events" or video teleprompting, where, usually, only one "script" is needed for the entire event..)
Music performances or concerts usually consist of a list of show elements (a "Setlist") such as songs, musical interludes, speeches, each of which may have a "script" showing lyrics, chords, program prompts and notes, etc.
Each of these elements probably exists as a separate computer file, and each one may have its own text font, size, color, and other local settings inside the file! If not overridden, the "Setlist" when displayed would give a very disjointed appearance, possibly becoming very hard to read with unpredictable line breaks caused by the width of the monitor(s) used! Each of these problems is addressed by ShadowScript.
Here are some key features of "ShadowScript":
· A "Setlist" showing all songs/dialog events in the show with "full drag-and-drop" for arranging/adding/deleting songs.
· An "Edit Pad" with "True View" so that notes, chords, will show up exactly where they appear in the edit screen! You get complete editing capability, automatically sized to show where the lines will "wrap" on the actual prompting monitor screens. (No more guessing where lines will wrap on the real monitors!)
· A "Preview" screen for trying out the prompting of the show, automatically scaled and sized to be a small representation of the actual prompting monitor screens.
· "Dual Video" capability for computers that have independent video output capability.
· Informational "Blanking Screen" which has switchable time and date prompts and a custom "prompt line" that can be displayed at any point before or during the show. (Placing "Chicago, IL" on the Blanking Screen at the beginning of the show prevents those embarrassing moments of "Hello Detroit!" when you're actually in Chicago!)
· "One Click" "Goto File", Goto Line" "Goto Index Mark" navigation! Move instantly to any song/song line in the show by simply clicking!
· Speed can be continuously controlled by a mouse, controller or the keyboard keys 0 thru 9. "Space" key toggles scrolling instantly in ANY mode.(Can be controlled by a FOOT PEDAL for easy use by solo performers.)
· "Audible" feature instantly adds an "on-the-spot" song that was not in the show but is needed NOW by simply clicking the "Audible" button and "drag-and-dropping" the song(s) onto the Setlist! (The scrolling screens instantly go to the first line of the dropped song!) Exiting "Audible Mode" returns to the exact point in the show you were at before doing the "Audible".
· Add your own "bookmarks" or "index marks" to the text for instant navigation to any point in the Setlist.
· Supports "bold", Italic", "underline" and colored text!
· Imports and exports "RTF" and plain text files with full editing capabilities inside ShadowScript!
· Easily sets the FONT and FONTSIZE for the entire show AND ALL SETLIST FILES with one click!
· REVERSE VIDEO mode for bright sunlit stages in daytime events.
· A built-in start-stop "Elapsed Timer" for timing a song, set or the entire show.
· PRINTING of the entire show in Setlist order, of the Setlist AND the songs or the Setlist alone, or any and all selected song(s) individually.
· EXPORT of the Setlist in CSV format for importing into Microsoft Excel.
· Automatic prevention of computer "sleep", screen savers and other OS "stuff" from popping up during the show!
· Any late-model Macintosh or Windows tower or laptop with either single or independent video outputs (independent video outputs are recommended for show use.)
· Any G4 or G5 powered Macintoshes that have Independent video outputs. (Mac G4 powered laptops with only a single video output do not do well with the screen resolutions required by ShadowScript's control console.)
· OPTIONAL: An external USB hand or foot controller that can send keystrokes to your Mac for "remote control" of ShadowScript's prompting speed and direction. (Foot controllers work great for individual artists on stage to control their own p
· Demo will limit you to a maximum of 10 files in the SETLIST and a maximum of TEN minutes of continuous prompting in a single session
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Allowed the elapsed timer to run even while in Scroll Mode
· Added code to return the cursor to the edit point when you are going back and forth between editing a file and going into scroll mode.
· Added code to allow you to continue loading a set list when you "Drag and Drop" a list of files into the Setlist window, even if some of the files are in the wrong format (i.e., not RTF or TXT files.)