With Renoise you will be able to create beats, loops, and melodies efficiently step-by-step. Renoise is a complete, expandable Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with a refreshing twist. Renoise is affordable, yet no corners have been cut in regard to features.
Renoise is based on mod trackers. Mod trackers are characterized by displaying and editing music in an easily understood grid known as a pattern.
These patterns are akin to sheet music, but are displayed alphanumerically instead of with musical notation. Whether you're an audio veteran or just starting out, Renoise is a fantastic addition to any bedroom or professional studio.
Here are some key features of "Renoise":
ReWire and Jack Transport Support:
· Connect and synchronize Renoise with other audio applications. You can now combine the best things about trackers and sequencers!
Automatic PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation):
· Plug-ins and external inputs have varying amounts of delay, making your tracks sound really sloppy. With Automatic PDC, instruments and effects in your productions will be tightly synced.
High resolution timing:
· With the new timing engine added in Renoise 2.0 you can place events with an insane maximum resolution of up to 65,536 PPQ. This high precision allows live recordings to retain their natural, human feel.
· Unleash your computer's full potential. Take advantage of all the cores in your system to boost performance, allowing you to add much more and heavier DSPs, tracks, VST FX and VST Instruments than before.
· Quick. That sums it up pretty much. Once you get rolling with the keyboard shortcuts, there is no stopping you. And hey, there are no annoying floating windows. Every widget stays where it belongs.
· Renoise runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. If you want to use Renoise on all of them, that is possible too! No need to register a separate copy.
· Connect Renoise to hardware synths or VST instruments to send and receive notes and controllers changes. Sync Renoise in either master or slave mode.
Plugin support: VSTi, VSTfx, LADSPA and AudioUnits:
· Plugins provides you a vast array of effects and synths. With Renoise all that is within reach. Why not map an external MIDI controller to a plugin through the Automate Device and start tweaking for real?
Low latency audio with Multi-I/O ASIO:
· Soundcards with ASIO benefit from low audio latency and the ability to route individual tracks through any available hardware channel.
· Edit and playback samples with the Sample Editor. Because really, why should you let yourself be distracted by switching back and forth to external editors?
External Audio Recording:
· You can record your sound card's line-in in the Sample Editor. Capture perfectly synched or manually triggered external audio directly into a sample slot. Or route the external signal through the Line-In Device into the DSP Chain.
· Turn VST Instruments into CPU-friendly multi-sample Instruments with the Instrument Editor.
· Renoise's flexible answer to the traditional mixer. Also doubles as an interface for the DSP Chain.
Built-in DSP Effects:
· Reverb, delay, compressor, distortion, flanger, phaser, EQ. Use as many of them as you like - or your pc can handle.
· The Send and Master tracks pave the way for unique routing options. Whether you route a single channel or 50 channels to a Send track full of effects, your pc's CPU will hardly know the difference.
· Draw curves to tell effects and instruments how their parameters should change during playback.
Rendering to WAV:
· Export your songs to WAV. Up to 32-bit, 96 kHz, with either cubic or sinc interpolation. Renoise can also save the separate tracks and patterns.
· Renoise accepts many sample and song formats. See: supported file formats.
· Renoise's minimum window size is 990 x 550 pixels. The window can be stretched across multiple screens. On screens with a height lower than 700 pixels, either the top or bottom panel will be collapsed.
· rendering to .wav is disabled
· rendering/resampling selections is disabled
· rendering/freezing plugin instruments to samples is disabled
· nag screens
· as ReWire Master, only the first stereo input bus will be available
· as ReWire Slave, Renoise will occasionally generate a small subtle hiss
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 32bit version did not show properly on the new retina displays on OSX
· a bunch of fixes for the Renoise Lua API
· a few things concerning the Pattern Matrix aliases in 2.8