ProTrekkr (formerly known as NoiseTrekker) is a profesionally-looking tracker program that combines a software synthesizer with a traditional samples tracker.
ProTrekkr can be used to create electronic music (like psytrance, trance goa, hard acid, IDM, chip, techno, etc.) for small sized intros, demos or games.
Note: ProTrekkr is cross-platform and is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Amiga OS4 and AROS.
Here are some key features of "Protrekkr":
· Open source.
· 16 multi-notes tracks (with 256 virtual channels).
· Samples editor (can load up to 64 bits stereo samples).
· Patterns based tracker style sequencer.
· Synthesizer with custom waveforms support.
· Samples loop editor.
· Cubic spline interpolation.
· 2 303s units.
· Wav files import/export.
· Aiff files import.
· 16 or 32 bits wav rendering to files or directly to instruments.
· Multi effects engine with reverb, distortion, filters, delay, EQs, flanger, compressors, etc...
· Fully customizable 10 combs reverb.
· Midi in/out support.
· Protracker .mod /Fasttracker I .ft files import.
· Samples packer handling Gsm/Mp3/TrueSpeech/ADPCM/8 Bit and a compressor derivated from wavpack.
· Replay routine source code to include & use inside your own programs (Also featuring a replay routine for the PlayStation Portable).
· Winamp/XMPlay plugin available.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed 2 issues with interpolate command: it wouldn't work on all effects and the whole commmand column is now properly filled with the first value.
· Input was partially disabled when caps lock was turned on.
· Using right mouse button on "pattern lines" arrows will now increase/decrease value by 8.
· F5 to F9 keys now jumps to 0, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 of the patterns lines.
· Changed the way the number of patterns is calculated when saving a song, the tracker now looks for any used (scratch) patterns and save them within the .ptk module.
· Fixed an issue in digibooster import function which was due to a MSVC compiler quirk.