PlugPlayer is an efficient utility that provides a simple way to use your existing UPnP software and devices via your Mac.
In other words, PlugPlayer is an OS X application to stream music from UPnP media servers or control UPnP media renderers - all from Mac.
NOTE: To buy PlugPlayer via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "PlugPlayer":
Stream Music, Video, and Images from a Media Server to your Mac:
· Already have a media server running on your home computer or server? With PlugPlayer you can access music from your media server and listen to it on your Mac.
Control a Media Renderer from your Mac:
· Already have a media renderer hooked up to your stereo? No need to fumble around looking for the right remote. With PlugPlayer you can control your media renderer using PlugPlayer, creating a playlist from media on your media server.
Use your Mac as a Media Renderer:
· Is your Mac hooked up to your home theater? You can remotely control PlugPlayer using most UPnP/DLNA control points, including PlugPlayer for iPhone, iPad, or Android
No Additional Software or Configuration Required:
· Other solutions require proprietary software on your home computer, but PlugPlayer uses the media server you already have. Plus, PlugPlayer automatically discovers devices on your network without the need for manual configuration or settings.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· More control over what is shared from the built-in server
· Bug Fixes