Picard is a powerful music tagging application, giving you a fresh tagging concept that is album oriented, as opposed to track/file oriented like the ClassicTagger was.
Picard supports the a variety of audio file formats and can use audio fingerprints (PUIDs, AcoustIDs), performing CD lookups and disc ID submissions.
Picard also has excellent Unicode support. Additionally, there are several plugins available that extend Picard's features.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Always show basic tags in metadata comparison box, even if empty (title, artist, album, tracknumber, ~length, date) (PICARD-201)
· Fixed AcoustID submission failure after removing files from Picard (PICARD-82)
· Allow multi-select in new MetaDataBox for delete/remove tags (PICARD-194)
· File browser remembers last directory/no longer crashes on OS X (PICARD-104)
· Removed the “Run Picard” option from the Windows installer (PICARD-11)
· Refreshing a non-album track correctly clears previous track metadata (PICARD-220)
· Fixed the preserved tags setting for tags with uppercase characters (PICARD-217)
· Added a completion box to the preserved tags setting, and clarified how it works
· Store lyrics language in tags instead of text representation language (PICARD-242)
· Fix various oddities in the metadata comparison box (PICARD-255, PICARD-256)