PaulStretch is suitable only for extreme sound stretching of the audio (like 50x) and for applying special effects by "spectral smoothing" the sounds.
PaulStretch can transform any music and/or sound to a texture.
Please note that this is suitable only for extreme time stretching (e.g. if have a melody of 3 minutes and you want to listen it in 3 hours). If you want "less extreme" time stretching, you can use a program which contains the SoundTouch library.
Here are some key features of "PaulStretch":
· It produces high quality extreme sound stretching. While most sound stretching software sounds bad when trying to stretch the sounds a lot, this one is optimized for extreme sound stretching. So, the stretch amount is unlimited.
· You can play the stretched sound in real-time (including the possibility to "freeze" the sound) or you can render the whole sound or a part of it to audio files
· It has many post-processing effects, like: filters, pitch/frequency shifters
· Support for WAV, OGG VORBIS files and MP3 files
· It is a Free Software
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added free envelopes, which allows the user to freely edit some parameters
· Added stretch multiplier (with free envelope) which make the stretching variable
· Added arbitrary frequency filter
· Added a frequency spreader effect, which increase the bandwith of each harmonic
· Added a frequency shifter which produces binaural beats (the beats frequencies are variable)
· Added 32 bit WAV rendering
· Other improvements and bugfixes