PPMulator is a cross-platform VST plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
By adding this little plugin to the master output of your audio editing program, you can record, edit, mix and export your audio within a precisely-calibrated workspace - something which is often impossible to do when working in a non-studio environment.
PPMulator is designed to closely-follow the ballistics of mono, stereo and mid-side (MS) PPM meters (conforming to IEC 268-10/DIN 45406) and has a number of built-in additional features, including various display style options and a highly-useful Peak Logging process which logs all peaks/overloads against the timecode in the host application where they occurred.
Here are some key features of "PPMulator +":
- RTAS, VST and AU plug-in for Windows/OSX, 100% compatible with Pro Tools, Nuendo, Tracktion, Logic & other hosts
- Mono/Stereo/Mid-Side/Surround (5.1) metering options, with overload leds
- Configurable as a Type I/Type II PPM
- Unique Peak Logging feature
- user-configurable meter layouts and channel labelling
- Mono gain trim to M3 (-3dB) or M6 (-6dB) standards
- Assignable phase-correlation meter, to check mono compatibility
- Fully-resizable single, dual or multi-meter display, from massive to weeny
- Built-in reference tone generator for meter alignment and calibration
- Supported Metering Standards:
- IEC 269-10 Type I : Nordic N9
- IEC 269-10 Type I / DIN 45406
- IEC 269-10 Type IIa : BBC scale
- IEC 269-10 Type IIb : EBU scale
- In this demo version PPMulator will timeout after a short while.
- AAX Native support (32/64 bit) on Windows and Mac
- ATSC/A85 compliance (PPMXL only)
- file size limitation of 2GB removed
- enhanced true-peak sampling