PPG Wave 3.V 1.0.5
Get inspired while composing with the help of this modern-day clone of the legendary PPG Wave Synthesizer that features countless records from which to choose from.
The PPG Wave 3.V is based on the earlier PPG Wave Synthesizer and it was developed by Wolfgang Palm.
The PPG Wave 3.V instrument is featured on countless records, and it inspired a whole generation of producers, composers and listeners. While back then it was your choice to spent your money either for a vehicle or the PPG, the new PPG Wave 3.V renders this breathtaking sonic character very affordable, comfortably to use for every VST or AU Host.
Furthermore, PPG Wave 2 was the very first digital Wavetable synthesizer with analog filters that allowed completely new worlds of sound and endless sonic possibilities. Shortly afterwards, the successor PPG Wave 2.2 came out and was born to make history.
With a gigantic arsenal of waveshapes, it could not only reproduce known analog sounds, but also brilliant choirs, bells and whistles. The digital sounds of wavetables had been unheard until then and offered sensational sonic evolutions by smoothly going through 64 waves back and forth.
But the technical possibilities also produced harsh artifacts such as aliasing and others, which could not be omitted back then. Today, although technology is some steps further, Waldorf engineers even managed to get the harshness back in order to recreate the character of the beast.
Wolfgang Palm, the inventor of Wavetable Synthesis, assisted during the development process in order to recreate the PPG as close as possible.
- Up to 256 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power)
- 8 part Multimode
- 8 Stereo Outputs
- Host automation of most parameters
- MIDI Controller automation of most parameters
- More than 100 new Wavetables created by Wolfgang Palm
- Original Waveterm B Factory Sample Library
- Original PPG Wave Factory Sounds
- Per Voice:
- 2 Wavetable Oscillators
- Sample Playback with 8 bit, 12 bit or up to 32 bit
- Authentic Aliasing Emulation of the PPG Wave 2.2/2.3/2.V or no aliasing
- 12dB / 24 dB Low Pass Filter
- Authentic Filter Emulation of the PPG Wave 2.2/2.3
- Overdrive behind Filter
- 1 LFO
- 3 Envelopes
- Authentic Emulation of the modulation graininess (switchable with True PPG)
- Per Part (up to 8 parts available):
- Poly, Dual, Quad and Mono (8 voices) mode with 8 different semitone offsets to create chords or melodic lines
- Arpeggiator with Up, Down, Alternate and Cascade (PPG special) mode
- True PPG Mode switchable between PPG Wave 2.2, Wave 2.3 and Wave 2.V
- 4-Band EQ
- Overdrive with various types
- Phaser with up to 12 stages
- Chorus with up to 6 stages
- Stereo Delay
- Other Features:
- Sample loading via drag&drop or load file dialog
- Multisample playback by using the 8 part Multimode
- 8 adjustable Cutoff / Resonance deviations to simulate analog inexactness
- Finer adjustments of several values in Fine Modulatione mode
PPG Wave 3.V
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.4 RC 4
- Support for 32 & 64 bit AU VST2 VST3 and AAX