NoteAbility Pro 2.606
Professional music notation package for the Mac OS X operating system
NoteAbility combines both musical intelligence and graphical flexibility in a direct and intuitive graphical user interface.
Notate anything from simple melodies to complex avant garde orchestral music, play the score on your MIDI synthesizer or using Quicktime Musical Instruments and print a publishable copy of your score on any OS-X compatible printer.
NoteAbilityPro was designed to be as natural as possible for the composer or arranger to use.
NoteAbilityPro is page-oriented in design, and emphasizes flexible graphical control of music images, intelligent automation of notational syntax, WYSIWYG (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get) display and an accessible and a direct user interface.
- Complete set of standard and extended music images (including graphical versions of most images that can be placed anywhere on the page).
- A wide variety of entry methods including mouse, on-screen keyboard, MIDI step time, MIDI real time and QuickScrawl (gesture recognition).
- No limits on score size, image size, number of staves, rhythmic complexity, chord complexity, beaming, tuplet groupings, etc.
- On-screen inspector for modifying the attributes of images and altering the layout of your score.
- Selection options include shift-selection and selection across multiple pages for efficient editing of your score.
- Drag and drop TIFF or PDF graphics from a library of custom images.
- Extensive import and export options.
- Automatic part extraction.
- Playback through MIDI and/or QuickTime.
- Complete on-line help (HTML and PDF).
- Unlimited number of pages per document
- Unlimited page size (width and height)
- User-specified margins
- Up to 40 systems per page
- Up to 40 staves per system
- Up to 16 measures per system (expandable after setup)
- Standard clefs (treble, alto, tenor, bass, soprano, treble-tenor, octave-bass, percussion)
- Variable number of lines in staff (1 - 6)
- Staff type (number of lines) may change at any location
- Staff segments may be hidden at any location
- Standard key signatures
- All time signatures from 1/1 to 32/32 plus complex time signatures (eg. 1/4 3/8)
- Standard and custom braces on each system (including nested braces)
- Standard & custom barlines on each system
- Staff labels (right or left justified in any font & font size)
- Automatic addition of pages as needed
- Document display from 25% to 1000%
- Adjustable page size
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.605
- A new document setup panel was added to NoteAbilityPro and connected to the File / New menu item. The previous document panel is still available through the File / New Custom Score menu item. The new document panel allows you to create a score by indicating the instruments you want in the ensemble. Staff labels, playback sounds and transpositions are automatically created for the chosen instruments. Alterations to the score layout can still be made after the score has been created.
- A Chinese Cypher panel was added to the Tools menu. This menu causes a panel designed for chances Jianpu music notation to be shown. You can use this panel to create Jianpu notation or to convert selected passages of music between Jianpu and Western notation. Details on the operation of this panel can be found in the Help files.