MusicReader is innovative software that makes reading music easy and convenient. The digital music stand offers solutions for all kinds of problems musicians have with (paper) sheet music, both individually and in orchestras and ensembles.
This includes easy page turning, a convenient music library and flexible annotation making. MusicReader also anticipates on the developments of sheet music offered online. Digital sheet music can easily be converted to MusicReader and paper sheet music can also be digitized by using an easy to use scanning and conversion program.
MusicReader also provides support for a variety of hardware options in order to make the use of the software even more convenient.
Here are some key features of "MusicReader":
· Library - In the music library of MusicReader you can store your sheet music and find it easy and fast. The music can be categorized according to title, composer, genre, instrument and instrumentation.
· With MusicReader you always have your complete music library at your fingertips! The library also has playlist support so you can make lists of pieces for rehearsals and performances.
· With MusicReader you can turn pages in several ways: Using onscreen navigation buttons; By pressing a special foot pedal; Using arrow or page up/down keys of your keyboard or hotkey buttons on your laptop; By pressing on the sheet music by finger or pen (device dependent).
· Turn pages - MusicReader can turn halves of pages to make it easier to play without interruption. Depending on the music you can choose either half or whole page turns.
· Browse - Easily browse and/or search through the music and select a page or measure to view it.
· Annotations - On the sheet music you can make annotations in multiple colors and line widths. It is also possible to draw predefined symbols and highlight certain locations in the music. All annotation can be erased without traces.
· Zoom - MusicReader can zoom in on the music up to 8x original size. This allows you for example to make detailed annotations or read the music more easily.
· Fullscreen - The sheet music can be displayed in full size without any bars and/or menus on screen, making the music optimally readable.
· 2 pages display - View two pages of music on one screen.
· Tuner - Tune your instrument while viewing the sheet music. The tuner can generate tones or listen to what you play. Multiple pitches and notes are supported.
· Metronome - Multiple tempos and beats are possible with the build-in metronome. For some music the metronome can even follow the sheet music and turn pages automatically.
· Music player - The onscreen music player can play audio CDs and music files. You can use it to play along with a recording or for studying the music. For some sheet music the music player can even follow the music and turn pages automatically.
· Sound recorder - With the sound recorder you can record and play your performances and save them in multiple formats.
· Existing sheet music can be scanned and converted to MusicReader format. Quality enhancements are automatically applied to all scans for improved readability.
· Import files - MusicConvert can read manu formats, like PDF, GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP and TIFF Formats.
· Printer driver - Print digital music directly from file or website to convert it to MusicReader file format. In this way all types of digital sheet music can be used by MusicReader.
· Measure detection - Measure detection is an automated detection for the measure locations in your sheet music. Measure detection makes some enhanced functionality of MusicReader possible.
· Catalog - Specify the features of the music such as title, composer and genre. With this information the music can easily be archived in the MusicReader library.
· 512MB of RAM or higher.
· 200MB hard disk space.
· Nag Screen.
· 21 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Importation of unencrypted FH files (Format of Freehand MusicPad Pro®)
· PDF Import improved; PDFs import with a higher image quality, especially scanned PDFs.
· Zoom factors added to MusicReader and zoom now remains when turning pages
· Problems in half page view solved, now also large print music will work correctly.
· Half page mode – annotation bug in zoom mode solved.
· Small Improvements in Music Player
· Small improvements in play list feature
· Fixed zooming in 2-page mode
· Problem with installing on 64-bits Windows Vista/7 solved.
· Small compatibility problems with Windows 7 solved.
· Library now remembers the scroll position of the pieces list – if you open the library again same scroll position will be displayed.
· Tooltips in the library are now transparent and only visible when there is additional information about a piece. The information is also better presented.
· LOW VISION MODE: library font sizes increased for better readabi...