Open-source and socially connected media player
Tomahawk was born out of frustration... frustration that the most widely used media players were designed to solve problems of a different era.
No longer do we need desktop music players built 10 years ago that jam in CD ripping, label makers, device syncing, into a massive wad of code that takes minutes to even launch.
Freed from the shackles of having to worry about supporting legacy use cases, the developers were able to focus on solving a new set of problems and capitalizing on a new set of opportunities. They considered that "there has to be a better way".
- Stop chasing your music across different machines, services and websites. No matter where you content is, Tomahawk can find it and play it.
- Think of it as "antiTunes". It's a music player that is optimized for one thing... to play, discover and share music.
- Connect to your other machines and friends via Jabber, Google Chat and Twitter. Browse and play their libraries, playlists and stations.
- Cross Platform:
- A Mac connected to Windows machine connected to a Linux machine? Sure... no problem. Betas are now available for OS X, Windows & Linux.
- Custom Stations:
- Yeah, it's like a "genius" playlist... only smarter, and continuous. Whatever you are in the mood for, we've got the knobs and dials to find it for you.
- Check out the Tomahawk ecosystem that already exists, pretty cool, eh? And we are just getting started. How about you join us?
- Playlist Importer:
- Metadata from playlists from all over the web - and other media players - can easily be imported into Tomahawk.
- Tomahawk is totally Free & Open-Source Software.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Show error message if saving tags failed.
- Fixed painting issue on search page.
- Fixed crash during collection scan.