Max is a feature rich application that enables you to create graphical environments for music, audio and multimedia.
Max provides the parts to create unique sounds, stunning visuals, and absorbing interactive media. These parts are called ‘objects’ are visual boxes that contain tiny programs to do something specific.
Each object has its own role - some make noises, others make video effects, or just do simple calculations or make decisions. In Max you add objects to a visual canvas and connect them together with patchcords. You can use as many as you like.
By mixing up objects, you will ultimately create interactive and unique software without ever writing any code (you can do that too if you really want to). Just connect.
Here are some key features of "Max":
· Create media-rich interactive software by arranging boxes and connecting them together.
Audio and Music:
· Take control of your sound with your own custom sound-making, sequencing, and effects.
Video with Jitter:
· Combine live video with real-time animation and effects to create unique visual experiences.
· Generate stunning graphics with hardware-accelerated 3D drawing, physics, animation, and 3D models.
· Connect sensors and electronics to Max to create interactive and responsive media.
· Quickly develop your own adaptable solutions for integrating music, controllers, lighting, and visuals.
· 1 GB RAM
· QuickTime 7.1
· OpenGL-compatible graphics card, and OpenGL 1.4 or later
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Gen: performance improvements when there are multiple Gen patchers
· Help files: old '.help' files now open in Max 6.1
· jit.gl.gridshape: fixed crash in color setter with less than 4 args
· jit.phy.ghost: fix for crash when re-instantiating
· jit.window: misc fixes for @shared usage
· jit.window: fixed crash on save in Max For Live context
· Keyserver: Max 6.1 Keyserver FAT/x64 support
· Max Ref: tags are properly rendered when illustration is text
· mxj: fixed crash when loading amxd using mxj
· oscbank~: works on Windows x64
· pictslider: fixed issue with mode attribute
· Projects: fix opening Windows zip/maxzip files containing folders on OSX
· Retina display: patches are rendered correctly across displays
· saving: fix for saving to location other than boot drive
· umenu: native text rendering with windows now works
· vst~: fix for param output from UI interaction
· waveform~: offset attribute no longer produces inf/nan when the buffer is not ready