A powerful and reliable application that can be used as a Real-time graphical environment for music, audio and multimedia
Max is a feature rich application that enables you to create graphical environments for music, audio and multimedia.
Max provides the parts to create unique sounds, stunning visuals, and absorbing interactive media. These parts are called ‘objects’ are visual boxes that contain tiny programs to do something specific.
Each object has its own role - some make noises, others make video effects, or just do simple calculations or make decisions. In Max you add objects to a visual canvas and connect them together with patchcords. You can use as many as you like.
By mixing up objects, you will ultimately create interactive and unique software without ever writing any code (you can do that too if you really want to). Just connect.
Here are some key features of "Max":
- Visual Programming:
- Create media-rich interactive software by arranging boxes and connecting them together.
- Audio and Music:
- Take control of your sound with your own custom sound-making, sequencing, and effects.
- Video with Jitter:
- Combine live video with real-time animation and effects to create unique visual experiences.
- 3D Graphics:
- Generate stunning graphics with hardware-accelerated 3D drawing, physics, animation, and 3D models.
- Physical Computing:
- Connect sensors and electronics to Max to create interactive and responsive media.
- Show Control:
- Quickly develop your own adaptable solutions for integrating music, controllers, lighting, and visuals.
- 1 GB RAM
- QuickTime 7.1
- OpenGL-compatible graphics card, and OpenGL 1.4 or later
- FIXED BUGS:
- Mac OS 10.9 Support: fixes for crashing on audio start/stop
- capture~: 'write' message no longer crashes
- genexpr: MRT no longer is being detected as dead code
- gl.window: no longer posts erroneous warnings
- Jitter Gen: gen patcher export naming fix
- kslider: recalls parameter/pattr properly
- Max startup: fixed crashing and improved error checking/reporting when creating temp files
- multislider: fix for hang on set/select
- OpenGL: gl texture memory use improvements
- patching: fix for crash when clicking on patch cord handles
- vst~: 'get' message works properly
- waveform~: improved fix for refresh/redraw
- 64-bit Limitations:
- Not supported:
- Other features currently unsupported or limited:
- Reading non JPG or PNG files under Win64 (e.g. PICT, TIFF, GIF, etc.)
- Import features for buffer~ are limited
- jit.grab, jit.qt.grab, jit.qt.movie features ar...