M185 is basically a MIDI-enabled software recreation of the M185 step sequencer hardware device, that was designed by RYK logo.
The M185 step sequencer Includes all the major functions from the hardware M185, but it also comes with many new ones, specific to the software version.
Like the hardware M185 sequencer, the software M185 sends control signals to other sound generating synthesizers, that in turn make the sound. The hardware M185 generates control voltages, gates and trigger signals, which are then routed to control voltage-based synths.
The software M185 on the other hand generates MIDI signals, which are then routed to either software or hardware-based MIDI synthesizers. The software M185 can also host VST instrument plugins, and so can itself generate sound as well.
Here are some key features of "M185":
- Multi-stage step sequencer with stage-selectable gate modes
- Gate modes include Mute, Single, Multi and Hold
- Trill mode available when in Multi mode within a stage
- Polyphonic potential when using long Note Length values
- Each stage can be from 1 to 8 clock pulses in length
- Constrain notes to scale
- Global transpose
- Internal or MIDI clock control
- Built-in clock divide capability
- MIDI output to any hardware or software synth
- VST instrument hosting
- 16 preset slots for instant recall of parameters
- Presets can be saved to and loaded from disk
- External MIDI controllers support via MIDI CC messages, with MIDI learn
- MIDI note control of one or more stages via MIDI keyboard
- Can specify default MIDI device and controller map
- This demo version won't allow you to use the presets feature, and will time out after 30 minutes.
- Fixed bug where stage-specific attributes (e.g. number steps, mode, note number, etc...)
- not saved/recalled by presets
- Built with Max version 6.08 (a0c1b20)