Limiter6 is a free audio plug-in is a unique combination of slow RMS-compressor, peak limiter, oversampled clipper, high-frequency limiter and inter-sample limiter.
The idea of this combination is “gain staging” when each stage used a little to make a most clean sound.
Limiter6 is not a plugin with 1 knob and smart brain inside, which allow making your mix 0 dB RMS. All settings are manual and there are a lot of knobs.
The GUI is a draft yet and will be redrawn to photorealistic military style.
Here are some key features of "Limiter6":
· 5 modules: RMS compressor, peak limiter, high-frequency limiter, clipper, true peak limiter
· high-quality signal processing to use for mastering purposes
· brickwall and soft limiting with different timing settings
· M/S and multiband modes
· optional 4x oversampling
· true inter-sample peaks (ISP) limiting
· analog-style indication
· 2 different GUIs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Less intensive animation (to save CPU cycles);
· Stereo-linked mode in peak-limiter was significantly improved;
· Numeric parameter values now editable (excluding 32-bit AU version);
· Modes I-III of peak limiter were slightly changed;
· AU version added