Kangas Sound Editor QI 4.2.0
An easy to use sound-effects editor.
- It uses a system of frequency ratios for pitch control, rather than conventional music notation.
- Instruments, both melodic and percussion, can be created from scratch by specifying harmonics/inharmonics.
- There is a cellular-like structure to compositions, with cells representing entities at low levels of abstraction (e.g. harmonics) and at higher levels of abstraction (e.g. chord groups). For details of cell types used by the program, click here
- User-definable graphs are widely used in the program, e.g. for control of volume and pitch envelopes, and for shifting the balance of stereo over time.
- Audio output is to uncompressed .WAV files.
- The Kangas Sound Editor uses an external database engine (MySQL) for storage of compositions and other data (e.g. graphs and harmonics), whereas the Kangas Sound Editor QI uses an internal database engine (HSQLDB).
- From version 3, users can collaborate with and build on the work of other users through an XML import/export facility.
Kangas Sound Editor QI
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fix to prevent a dialog 'Kangas Sound Editor QI Install.app is damaged and can't be opened'.
- Changes to new installation sample database.
- Made the extent of Recorded Sound boxes sensitive to the Volume multiplier field in the containing Sequence box.
- Fixed bugs with .WAV sound file handling.