Jive aims to be an enhanced version of the Juced project (also known as Jucetice).
Jive comes with a continuous controller automation feature for effortlessly programming plugin parameter movements using MIDI sequences.
Furthermore, Jive also comes with extended support for arbitrarily complex audio and MIDI connections various plugins (i.e. sidechain modulation or compression is easily achieved).
Thanks to the Juce library, Jive is able to run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, some project maintenance are required.
Here are some key features of "Jive":
· Modular plugin host supporting VST and ladspa plugins.
· Basic analogue-style synthesiser VST plugin included (built from the wonderfully squelchy xsynth dssi plugin).
· Basic sampler VST plugin included (built from the powerful discoDSP highlife).
· Rhythmic gater VST plugin included with control over attack, release and rate (including triplets).
· Pattern sequencer - midi loops/patterns can be edited, saved and loaded to sequencer plugins, which can be looped, or turned off.
· Support for multiple external MIDI devices, and MIDI control of any plugin parameter.
· Stem rendering - continuously records the audio out of specified plugins to WAV files for later editing in your favourite DAW (I recommend Reaper).