JavaTunes is a free and platform independent player/jukebox with focus on the functionality rather than the look. JavaTunes is pure Java.
With JavaTunes, listening to music has never been easier.
JavaTunes is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "JavaTunes":
· Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, AAC, ALAC and WavPack files are supported.
· No installation only one file.
· Last.fm support http://www.last.fm/.
· Similar artist playback that makes shuffling much more pleasant.
· Find most popular tracks from an artist.
· Replay Gain supported.
· Gapless playback with Vorbis, FLAC and WavPack.
· Karaoke with lyrics when a .cdg file with a matching name is found (MP3+G and OGG+G).
· Lyrics from the internet or if embedded.
· Album cover is showed if placed next to the audio file, if embedded or if found on the internet.
· Apple infrared remote supported.
· Web interface for small devices (must be enabled from the options menu).
· Multiple artists and genres supported.
· Locking preventing your guests in skipping other requests.
· Queue mode resulting in no more half played songs. New requests are put in a queue.
· Search as you type provides the desired song in a few seconds.
· Album mode listing all your albums. Add a whole album to the play list and play it in the intended order.
· Duplicate songs are found with intelligent matching.
· Genre exception list to exclude certain genres in random mode.
· Full screen and minimized mode with always on top.
· UTF-8 encoding supporting every language in the world.
· HTTP support to play songs from a romte computer through a webserver (try this songs.xml)
· ShoutCast support with "now playing" (try skyfm.m3u)
· Highly optimized by speed and size.
· Drag and drop files or directories from the file system.
· Statistic showing most played songs. Popular songs are marked with a star.
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed broken playtime position when fast forward.
· Added .m3u8 to Windows file association
· Radio streams playtime is not reset on connection error
· Radio streams will also reconnect on unexpected stream end
· Added Use System Proxies to Options
· Fixed som errors with the on screen keyboard