Platform independent player/jukebox with focus on the functionality
With JavaTunes, listening to music has never been easier.
JavaTunes is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, AAC, ALAC and WavPack files are supported.
- No installation only one file.
- Last.fm support http://www.last.fm/.
- Similar artist playback that makes shuffling much more pleasant.
- Find most popular tracks from an artist.
- Replay Gain supported.
- Gapless playback with Vorbis, FLAC and WavPack.
- Karaoke with lyrics when a .cdg file with a matching name is found (MP3+G and OGG+G).
- Lyrics from the internet or if embedded.
- Album cover is showed if placed next to the audio file, if embedded or if found on the internet.
- Apple infrared remote supported.
- Web interface for small devices (must be enabled from the options menu).
- Multiple artists and genres supported.
- Locking preventing your guests in skipping other requests.
- Queue mode resulting in no more half played songs. New requests are put in a queue.
- Search as you type provides the desired song in a few seconds.
- Album mode listing all your albums. Add a whole album to the play list and play it in the intended order.
- Duplicate songs are found with intelligent matching.
- Genre exception list to exclude certain genres in random mode.
- Full screen and minimized mode with always on top.
- UTF-8 encoding supporting every language in the world.
- HTTP support to play songs from a romte computer through a webserver (try this songs.xml)
- ShoutCast support with "now playing" (try skyfm.m3u)
- Highly optimized by speed and size.
- Drag and drop files or directories from the file system.
- Statistic showing most played songs. Popular songs are marked with a star.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed broken playtime position when fast forward.
- Added .m3u8 to Windows file association
- Radio streams playtime is not reset on connection error
- Radio streams will also reconnect on unexpected stream end