HALion 4 is more than a professional VST sampler. The fourth incarnation of HALion combines a state-of-the-art sample engine with an award-winning synth section and future-proof tools and effects.
With a cornucopia of inspiring features and an ultra-flexible user interface, HALion 4 is a truly universal workhorse for professional sound designers, producers and musicians alike.
Since the first version of HALion in 2001 Steinberg set the standard for virtual samplers time and again. By introducing HALion 4 Steinberg continues with its tradition of excellence, reinventing the acclaimed HALion technology while preserving the outstanding HALion sound.
Based on the completely newly developed HALion 4 engine, an array of new features and innovations have been added to make HALion 4 the most powerful and comprehensive yet ultra-flexible and user-friendly VST sampler and sound creation system ever.
Note: In order to activate the trial, you must supply your name and e-mail address HERE.
- State-of-the-art sound design environment developed according to the requirements of professional sound designers
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
- Flexible user interface for customizing and saving windows and screen sets
- Multi-monitor support for perfect overview of large projects
- Virtual Analog Synthesis Engine offers multiple oscillator types, additional sub and noise oscillators and cross-modulation support
- VST 3.5 and VST Expression 2 support for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
- Flexible signal routing with free assignable buses per layer, virtual audio mixing console with 8 inserts per channel and 4 Aux sends
- MegaTrig for easy programming of playing styles and articulations without page-filling scripting
- Drag and drop for quick and easy sample mapping
- Unlimited undo/redo plus Undo History for hassle-free sound experiments
- Automatic on-the-fly mapping during import
- Outstanding library with more than 1,600 instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Steinberg and Yamaha
- 64-bit Disk-Streaming technology for high performance sample playback
- Integrated MediaBay sound management system for immediate access to the library
- Flexible Quick Controls per program and layer for instant access to sound and FX parameters and easy automation in the host
- Unique morphing filters seamlessly blend between up to four of the 24 filter types
- FlexPhraser module for dynamically driving beats and arpeggios, plus complex tonal phrases with automatic articulation switching
- Wide range of audio effects on board including REVerence convolution reverb to fuel each program and layer with up to 8 insert effects
- Multi-core support for unleashing the full potential of today’s multiprocessor systems (New in HALion 4.5)
- Audio Warp provides cutting-edge time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality (New in HALion 4.5)
- Multi-oscillators for multiplying the density and fullness of synthesizer layers (New in HALion 4.5)
- Advanced Cubase integration including seamless exchange of extended parameters like slice information and VST Expression Maps
- Comprehensive import compatibility of HALion 3 sounds (FXP, HSB) and common formats as Giga, EXS and Kontakt
- Professional standalone version included
- Support for PC 32/64-bit (VST 3, VST 2.4) and Mac OS X 32/64-bit (VST 3, AU) plug-in support
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
- Issue with opening and loading HALion projects in Cubase 7.0.0 resolved.