Frinika is a free, complete music workstation software that works on any operating system with Java installed: Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and other.
Frinika features sequencer, soft-synths, realtime effects and audio recording.
Here are some key features of "Frinika":
· Piano roll
· Amiga-style tracker
· Audio recording
· Soft synths
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug: Track looping doesn't include first tick/note
· Fixed bug: When saving with a new name the title bar is not updated
· Legacy Frinika Synthrack GUI rewritten.
· Send tempo events to all midi device associated with midi lanes.
· Virtual keyboard octave selection moved to trackerpanel, as it only applies there - Ctrl-S (save) now works from tracker panel
· Part drag and drop now working with tempochanges.
· Added all GM2 controllers to the pianoroll controller view.
· Tempo box now edits current tempo event.
· Solo/Mute logic now works for midi+audio.
· Piano roll. Drum note write mode. Press+drag creates new notes at quantization pionts.
· Sequencer now changes tempo whilst playing (changes to tempo box). But jumps!!!
· Gervill 0.9 (Software Synth supporting SF2 and much more)
· French locale.
· Allow users to use cubase style patch map for a device
· Allow start of part to be before zero.
· Many bug fixes