Sound Studio is an easy-to-use OS X application for recording, editing and producing digital audio content on your Mac.
Digitize tapes and vinyl records, record live performances, create your own mixes with crossfades, tweak the levels and EQ, apply digital effects and save in all major file formats with Sound Studio!
The Mac’s most popular audio program for many years, Sound Studio continues to be regularly updated to add new features and to take advantage of the very latest Apple technologies.
With Sound Studio you can record professional sounding Podcasts and other audio dialog. Spoken word, speeches, presentations, music, and other audio can all be recorded and edited with the same high fidelity.
And from the high quality master, you can save in many standard file formats such as AIFF, WAVE, MPEG-4 AAC, Ogg Vorbis, and more.
NOTE: To buy Sound Studio via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Sound Studio":
· Supported PCM file formats: AIFF, CAF, Sound Designer II, and WAVE.
· Supported compressed formats: AAC (m4a), AIFF-C, Apple Lossless, Ogg Vorbis, ADTS, AU.
· Supports MP3 encoding if LAME.framework is installed.
· Uses 32-bit floating point PCM format internally.
· Audio recording and playback using 2 channels.
· Number of tracks limited only by processor and memory constraints.
· Tone and noise generators.
· AudioUnit plug-in hosting.
· 64-bit Intel / 32-bit Intel app binary.
· (32-bit plug-ins only work when app is in 32-bit mode.)
· 1GB of RAM. (2GB or more recommended.)
· 15 uses trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a crashing bug with audio recording.