FabFilter Twin will please even the most demanding ears with two absolutely aliasing-free oscillators and two state-of-the-art multimode filters. Three LFOs and three EGs ensure there are plenty of modulation possibilities.
It's a breeze to program with the unique drag-and-drop modulation matrix, which even allows modulation slots to modulate each other. And with over 800 presets by our professional sound designers, there are always new sounds to try.
Twin's oscillators were originally developed from scratch for the award-winning FabFilter One. They feature sawtooth, triangle, and square wave forms, as well as pulse width modulation, hard sync, phase sync, and individual panning.
Two highest-quality multimode filters allow you to shape the sound any way you want. Each filter has six filter characteristics that define the unique sound and overdrive of the filter. They range from smooth with moderate overdrive to raw, self-oscillating and over-the-top! Tweak the filters with the interactive filter display.
One of Twin's best features is its drag-and-drop modulation matrix. To fill a modulation slot, simply drag the source button for a modulation source to the knob that you want to modulate! You can create incredibly complex sounds with ease by letting modulation slots modulate each other.
There is no shortage of modulation sources either with three LFOs, three EGs, velocity, aftertouch, mod wheel, pitch bend, and keyboard track.
Each of these may modulate any modulation target.
Here are some key features of "FabFilter Twin":
· Three high-quality oscillators with PWM, hard sync, and phase sync.
· Four state-of-the-art multimode filters with filter panning and 11 characteristics.
· Over 1600 presets.
· Ring modulation.
· Revolutionary new interface, using our innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept.
· Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need.
· Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix.
· Modulation source signal visualization.
· Side chain input.
· Polyphonic portamento.
· 32-voice polyphony and unison.
· Highly improved MIDI Learn.
· Unique per-component presets.
· Smart Parameter Interpolation.
· Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
· Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
· Available in RTAS, VST, VST 3 and AU formats for Mac OS X and Windows.
· AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
· 30 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed incorrect MIDI message handling in the AAX plug-in on Mac OS X: this could cause unexpected parameter changes when starting/stopping playback in Pro Tools.
· Added a workaround in the Mac OS X VST plug-in to ensure resizing works correctly in Ableton Live 8.
· Added a workaround in the VST 2 plug-in to ensure preset changes and parameter changes are correctly saved in Maschine by Native Instruments.
· Fixed possible crash when removing the VST 2 or VST 3 plug-in on Mac OS X while the interface is open, for example in Studio One.
· Fixed white flash and some other graphical glitches when resizing the plug-in interface on Mac OS X (all plug-in formats).
· Fixed bug that could cause the interface not to appear at all in some hosts on Mac OS X, for example Triumph.
· Minor improvements and bug fixes on both Windows and Mac OS X.