FabFilter Twin 2.23
Will please even the most demanding ears with two absolutely aliasing-free oscillators and two multimode filters.
It's a breeze to program with the unique drag-and-drop modulation matrix, which even allows modulation slots to modulate each other. And with over 800 presets by our professional sound designers, there are always new sounds to try.
Twin's oscillators were originally developed from scratch for the award-winning FabFilter One. They feature sawtooth, triangle, and square wave forms, as well as pulse width modulation, hard sync, phase sync, and individual panning.
Two highest-quality multimode filters allow you to shape the sound any way you want. Each filter has six filter characteristics that define the unique sound and overdrive of the filter. They range from smooth with moderate overdrive to raw, self-oscillating and over-the-top! Tweak the filters with the interactive filter display.
One of Twin's best features is its drag-and-drop modulation matrix. To fill a modulation slot, simply drag the source button for a modulation source to the knob that you want to modulate! You can create incredibly complex sounds with ease by letting modulation slots modulate each other.
There is no shortage of modulation sources either with three LFOs, three EGs, velocity, aftertouch, mod wheel, pitch bend, and keyboard track.
Each of these may modulate any modulation target.
- Three high-quality oscillators with PWM, hard sync, and phase sync.
- Four state-of-the-art multimode filters with filter panning and 11 characteristics.
- Over 1600 presets.
- Ring modulation.
- Revolutionary new interface, using our innovative what-you-use-is-what-you-see concept.
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need.
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix.
- Modulation source signal visualization.
- Side chain input.
- Polyphonic portamento.
- 32-voice polyphony and unison.
- Highly improved MIDI Learn.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
- Available in RTAS, VST, VST 3 and AU formats for Mac OS X and Windows.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed a bug that could cause typed parameter values to be rounded incorrectly, e.g. when double-clicking a knob to enter a frequency value.
- Fixed a bug in the AAX plug-ins that caused the external side chain input not to work in Pro Tools.
- Fixed a bug in the AAX plug-ins: after deactivating a bypassed plug-in in Pro Tools, the state of the bypass parameter would not be restored correctly on reactivation.