With the FM7, Native Instruments brought back FM synthesis. It was better than ever. The FM8 is the new incarnation of this successful synthesizer.
Designed as a convenient plug-in, the FM8 has 32-bit resolution for superb sound quality, an innovative algorithm programming matrix whose flexibility is light years ahead of older FM synthesizers, extensive modulation, a rack of effects, a filter module/Operator, multiple waveforms and an Arpeggiator.
Although FM synths had a reputation of being difficult to program – and they were! - the FM8 offers a unique “easy” page that makes it simple to customize sounds to perfection, without having to learn programming.
All the great features of FM synthesis are included, such as an “analog” control to add slight amounts of randomness, and a microtuning page for alternate tunings. But it also has modern essentials, such as envelope and delay sync to host tempo, 64-voice polyphony, variable resolution for lo-fi sounds, total MIDI control, and much more to bring FM synthesis into the 21st century.
The FM8 integrates perfectly into the computer-based virtual studio, whether Macintosh or Windows. It can serve as a stand-alone module, turning your computer into a synthesizer. It also works as a sequencer plug-in with various interfaces.
Here are some key features of "FM8":
· The Morph Square allows gradual transitions between different sounds.
· The versatile Arpeggiator brings rhythmic structures into your sounds.
· The new high-quality effects let you flexibly shape your sounds.
· The Browser is your interface to an intuitive database containing all your sounds for instant access. FM8 uses the KoreSoundTM format and thus provides perfect
· integration with NATIVE INSTRUMENTS' KORE.
· The sound library contains about 200 newly designed sounds featuring all functions of the synthesizer. FM8 also comes with sounds of FM7, FM7 Sounds Vol. 1 and
· FM7 Sounds Vol. 2, forming an immense variety of presets within your database.
· Award-winning FM synthesizer with extended sound architecture and high-quality mode
· KoreSound Browser for easy searching of 960 KORE-configured presets (Incl. FM7 Sounds Vol I & II)
· FM8 uses the KoreSound format, ensuring perfect integration with KORE
· Optimized user interface for quick and convenient sound editing
· Powerful, graphical sound morphing feature for easy creation of sophisticated, evolving sounds
· Extremely versatile arpeggiator for intuitive generation of intricate patterns
· Quick-access effects rack with 12 high-quality effects, such as phaser, flanger, tube amp, overdrive, delays, EQs
· Enhanced graphical envelopes with 32 stages, looping and tempo synchronisation
· Full-matrix modulation: freely adjustable algorithm structure with 6 operators plus distortion and analog filter operators
· Reads and reproduces classic FM sound programs of yesteryear such as the DX and TX series
· 2 Gb RAM
· In the demo version the saving of sounds and the total recall options are disabled
· and, in plus, the program, quits after 30 minutes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· As long as an FM8 installation is not activated with the Service Center, it runs in demo mode.
· Only morphable sounds show an active (red) small morph square in the application header.
· Entries in the MIDI CC list can now be selected for MIDI learn, not only the controls itself.