DefleMask is a free and cross-platform application that allows you to create music for various old school system and soundchips.
For all the supported systems, DefleMask uses ROM and VGM, allowing for the music created with DefleMask to be played with a real hardware.
DefleMask is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Binaries for the Windows and Linux platforms are available on the project's homepage.
Detailed instructions on how to use the DefleMask utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Note: if running the app with ./DefleMask in a Terminal window does not work, copy the 'libSDL-1.2.0.dylib' file from the package to the /usr/local/lib folder, then run the app again.
Here are some key features of "DefleMask":
· Real-time soundchip emulation
· Internal ROM Builders
· Independent Pattern order for each channel
· Many keyboard and mouse shortcuts
· Supports VGM format 1.61, VGM 1.60 and VGM 1.50.
· Advanced and dynamic FM instruments editor, Envelopes editor and WaveTable instruments editor