CrX4, like its predecessor - CronoX 3, is a sample-based software synthesizer, but no sampler, and was designed for creating music on your personal computer, both on Mac OS X and Windows.
The CrX4's key features 3 different sample based generators which “eat a sample” and create some new sound from it. Though you can play back a sample as it was recorded, this means missing the potential of CrX4.
To get you started and inspire your own creativity CrX4 comes with a selection of high quality presets in a wide range of styles, an easy-to-use one-page interface, two user-programmable stereo filters, an enormous range of processing and modulation options including a powerful arpeggiator, as well as a sophisticated effects section.
CrX4 is an exceptional instrument because of its unique audio processing capabilities, which result from the fact that the LinPlug team designed most of the audio modules from scratch, sometimes following paths no one else would even consider.
Here are some key features of "CrX4":
· 4 Generator modules with 5 types of Generators: Time Sampler, Wavetable Sampler and Loop Sampler as well as an Oscillator and Noise Oscillator.
· Time Sampler Generator with real-time control, separate time-stretching and pitch-shifting.
· Wavetable Sampler, a unique Generator that offers wavetable-likeoperation using any sample.
· Loop Sampler Generator with individually modulatable loop points and start point.
· Classic Oscillator with many waveforms for analog-style synthesis.
· Noise Oscillator with many filter options 2 analog-style multimode stereo filters with modulatable cutoff frequency, resonance, filter type and envelope depth.
· Several envelopes for controlling Amplitude and Filter Cutoff as well as an assignable Modulation Envelope.
· 4 independent LFOs with various waveforms, tempo-sync capabilities and one-shot-mode.
· LFOs have adjustable delay, attack, symmetry and phase setting 10 slot Modulation Matrix with 23 sources and more than 50 destinations
· Fully recognizes Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitch bend , Mod-Wheel and various other MIDI controllers
· A sophisticated effects section containing 12 effects including ￼CrX4 User Manual 7
· various Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Filter, Reverb, Flanger, Gator, Stereo Enhancer, Parametric EQ and Crusher.
· Mono/Polyphonic Portamento/Glide featuring “Fingered” mode, switchable constant Time/constant Rate and Auto-Bend Modes.
· 32-voice polyphony (CPU and preset dependent).
· Adjustable voice limit (Mono...12, all).
· Supports AU and VST hosts on Mac OS X and PC.
· Supported audio formats include WAV and AIFF up to 24bit/96kHz.
· Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with your song.
· 1.5 GHz CPU
· 2 GB RAM
· 2 GB free Disk Space
· AU, VST or RTAS host
· 1280 x 800 or better Screen resolution
· The demo version emits a "demo noise" once in a while.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· filter saturation can be modulated
· loaded loop sampler presets have samples now loaded successively (no gaps)
· filter may be routed in serial or parallel
· LFO's speed can be modulated
· now up to 4 loop samplers
· invisible, automatic master limiter
· envelopes switchable between ADSFR and AHDSR mode
· envelopes shape (lin…log) now individually adjustable for every phase
· switchable MIDI Program/bank change (may be disabled in setup)
· chorus now with invert switch
· oscillators can be run up to +12 dB now
· oscillators allow +-5 octave pitch modulation now (+-3 or -2/+5 before)
· oscillator FM and AM now with much wider range (more intensity)
· oscillator balance can be modulated
· all-on-one-edit-page design
· larger sample display
· extended envelope parameter modulation (sustain, hold)
· LFO frequency range up to 275 Hz,
· new LFO waveforms (impulse, peak and random pulse)
· LFO one-shot mode
· Symmetry now working for LFO Noise too
· New noise oscillator with double filter, pitching and cross modulation
· reworked os...