ClassicTone-PEV is modeled after a unique vintage EQ that was made by a German audio company famous for its microphones. The PEV was the first EQ ever made by this company and was used for vinyl mastering.
The original PEV only had a totally passive and discrete design with transformer balanced inputs and outputs and very high quality inductors for each band.
The original PEV featured bass and treble bands with both boost and cut abilities.
The middle “presence” band had a selectable center frequency but was boost only. Through the magic of TriTone Digital we have implemented this middle band as both boost and cut.
The curve and turnover or center frequency of each band was designed so that it changed in a very musical way as the gain was increased or reduced.
The sound and color of an original PEV EQ is absolutely unique and incredibly thick. Now TriTone Digital brings that thick tone to the land of plugins!
Here are some key features of "ClassicTone-PEV":
· Adjusts the gain for the bass band between -15 db and +12 dB.
· Adjusts the gain for the middle "presence" band between -8 db and +8 dB.Â The original PEV units only allowed mid boost, our plugin allows both boost and cut.
· Adjusts the gain for the treble band between -15 db and +12 dB.
· VST, RTAS and AU support
· G5 2 GHz or faster recommended
· Up to 32 bit/96 kHz operation.
· Requires ProTools 7 or higher for RTAS use
· The demo version cannot recall parameters settings.
· The retail version recall parameters settings, and the timeout limitation is removed once authorization is completed.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix a font issue in 10.6
· Fix some VST display issue in 64 bits host