ChordMate will find the chord voicing that is right for you, whether you are a beginner, worried about stretching your fingers to the right frets, or a professional musician looking for just the right sound.
Just select the chord you want, and ChordMate will list all of the possible voicings, sorted either by quality, ease of play, or a bit of both. The results are customized based on the type of guitar: classical, acoustic, jazz, or electric. You can even listen to how the chord would sound on your guitar.
ChordMate is a digital chord book. In addition to the guitar chords frequently found in books, it gives you less common voicings that will make your chord progressions sound more interesting and fresh. It also lets you create your own diagrams and automatically suggests names, chord spellings, and fingerings for your custom chords.
ChordMate lets you build a chord progression by dragging the chords from your search results (or your custom chords) into the chord progression area. This is a great way to experiment with different chord voicings and find chords that sound best together. It can be invaluable if you want to use chord voicings that are not easy to play.
NOTE: To buy ChordMate via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "ChordMate":
· Play the chords on your Mac. ChordMate can produce the sound of acoustic and electric guitars and gives a realistic preview of how the chord would sound on your guitar.
· Copy any chord diagram into another program. ChordMate lets you export (drag and drop or copy and paste) a diagram as either a png or pdf so that it will look great on screen and paper.
· Create your own diagrams. You can click on an empty diagram with a mouse or enter the frets as text. ChordMate automatically suggests possible names for your chord. You can drag the diagram into the chord progression area or export it to other programs. You can also modify an existing diagram by dragging it into the empty diagram.
· Order and filter chords to get to the right voicing quickly. ChordMate supports a number of useful filters such as open chords, first inversion, etc, and you can create your own. For example, you can set a specific top note or bass note. ChordMate can also order chords by musical quality, ease of play, and fret.
· Find chords with specific notes or scale degrees. This is useful to lookup a chord symbol or to find the right chord type when you know only some of the notes that should be in the chord.
· Choose from the list of chords as you type your search. ChordMate shows the list of matching chords, their notes, and formulas.
· Set capo and alternate tunings. ChordMate works equally well with any tuning, so you can explore new tunings with confidence that you won't overlook an interesting chord.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· UI improvements and bug fixes