BeatCleaver is a beat slicing Mac OS X utility for sampling from drum loops, recordings, and songs.
Aimed at hip hop and electronic artists, its intuitive design and fluid user interface create a fast, frustration-free workflow.
One-click slice templates and quick export help artists spend less time editing and more time writing music.
Here are some key features of "BeatCleaver":
· Open and split MP3, M4A, WMA*, FLAC, WAVE, and AIFF files.
· Dice your loops into an unlimited number of slices.
· Time-stretch (warp) and repitch your samples using a state-of-the-art timestretching engine.
· Drag slices right out of BeatCleaver and onto your desktop, a folder, or your DAW.
· On-the-fly chopping during playback
· Chop faster with custom slice templates.
· Seamless, fluid zooming.
· Two-finger scrolling in both directions on MacBooks
· Quickly preview your cuts by looping slices
· Intuitive tool-free design
· Quick slicing for loops into 4, 8, or 16 parts
· Slices audio by bars or beats when given a BPM and time signature
· Great for cutting hip hop samples, breaks, melodies, and more.
· Whether you're beatmaking, making hip hop, or cutting up samples for electronic music, BeatCleaver is a tool that can save you valuable production time.
· Slice export as 16-bit, 24-bit, or 32-bit 44.1 kHz WAVE or AIFF (perfect for MPCs)
· Intel Core 2 required
· Saving is disabled.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
MIDI Controller Support:
· BeatCleaver now has basic MIDI controller support so you can preview your chops from your favorite controller. Just configure your MIDI controller in the preferences and you’ll be ready to go.
Snap to Zero:
· A new “Snap to Zero” option has been added to the Slicing menu that automatically snaps any new slice points to zero crossings in the waveform. Slicing at zero crossings helps reduce any audible clicks at slice points, and this feature will help cut down on manual labor.
Fade in/out Slices:
· A “Fade in/out Slices” option has also been added to the Slicing menu, that adds an additional small 2 ms fade at the start and end of any slice. This helps further reduce any audible clicks at slice points in case you slice on a region with a very sharp attack. At 2 ms, it’s short enough to ensure that kicks and other “punchy” sounds keep their punchiness even when you slice very close to the start of them.
Samplerate Conversion (WAVE export):
· BeatCleaver now allows...