Decibels is a trouble-free Mac OS X audio player that comes with a minimal interface and designed for the specific needs of music lovers.
Decibel boasts support for all popular lossless /lossy audio formats including FLAC, OGG Vorbis, MP3, Musepack, WAVE, Apple Lossless, WavPack, AIFF and AAC.
For lossless audio formats like WAVE, FLAC, OGG Vorbis and specially tagged MP3 files, Decibel delivers smooth playback with fluid transition between songs.
Decibels is also able to process all sounds with 64-bit floating-point accuracy, thereby providing the best playback quality for tracks sampled at all bit depths.
NOTE: To buy Decibel via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Decibel":
· intentionally minimal user interface designed to be instantly intuitive and non-intrusive
· can take exclusive control of the output device (using hog mode) and send audio in the device's native format
· can automatically adjust the output device's sample rate to that of the playing track, preventing audio quality degradation associated with software sample rate conversion
· can load and play files entirely in memory, eliminating audio glitching associated with disk access
· 1 day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an issue for multichannel playback on certain audio devices such as the Metric Halo ULN-2