Whether you’re in a professional facility, home studio, or on the road, nothing gives you the quality, speed, capability, ease, and inspiration to create like Pro Tools, the most widely used audio creation/production system in the industry.
With Pro Tools, you can compose, record, edit, and mix music and sound for picture the way you want—with a high-performance Avid audio interface or without, on a Mac or PC, and with more flexibility than ever.
Here are some key features of "Pro Tools":
· Avid Pro Tools provides unrivaled power, sound quality, creativity and ease of use
· Find performance-driven systems for every need and budget
· Create effortlessly with a comprehensive, professional toolset
· Get inspired with 70+ instrument and effects plug-ins and more
· More music and audio professionals use Pro Tools than any other digital audio workstation to help them compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix music or audio for post production. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just getting started, open yourself to the possibilities with Pro Tools.
· Work the Way You Want - Use Pro Tools with your favorite Avid audio interface or a third-party interface—or completely standalone for easy on-the-go creation.
· Do More with Industry-Trusted Tools - Get everything you need to professionally compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix your ideas in one package, whether you’re creating music or sound for picture.
· Designed for Performance - Whether harnessing the power of dedicated DSP or your computer’s CPU, you get high performance with low latency to keep your creativity flowing.
· Get Exceptional Audio Quality - Achieve high-resolution recording and mixing—up to 24-bit/192 kHz—through a choice of Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD interfaces.
· Create the Best-Sounding Mixes - Develop big, complex, phase-accurate mixes with ease using Automatic Delay Compensation and powerful automation.
· Get the Sounds You’re After - Get inspired and quickly progress from mic to master with over 70 best-in-class virtual instruments, sound processing plug-ins, and creative tools.
· Open Your Workflow - Expand your setup with a wide array of options for hands-on Pro Tools control, working with picture, mixing/monitoring in surround, and more.
· Collaborate with Others - Share your sessions directly with other Pro Tools users, or with other audio and video software users through OMF/AAF/MXF interchange.
· Avid Pro Tools 10.0-10.1.1
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· On Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), when editing automation, clip gain, or non-note MIDI data, the current value is displayed
· in a small box immediately upon first mouse click. (PTSW-170014)
· The Start Time field in the Edit and Transport windows now correctly accepts direct numerical entry. (PTSW-170975)
· Audio files can be now be exported as MXF. (PTSW-176177)
· Pro Tools now stops playback of an Edit window selection on the exact last sample of a selection. (PTSW-168043)
· Automation breakpoints selected in the Edit window can be nudged using key commands. (PTSW-174358)
· Automation editing improvements when trimming regions over each other. (PTSW-177435)
· Glide commands now work as described in the Pro Tools Reference Guide. (PTSW-174715, PTSW-177859)
· Automation breakpoints are no longer incorrectly deleted during sample rate conversion. (PTSW-174707)
· MIDI Time Code (MTC) is now correctly received by Pro Tools. (PTSW-174898)
· With Pro Tools HDX, mute states work as expecte...