Hailed as a "holy grail of recording," by Recording magazine (and adopted worldwide as the largest-selling audio plug-in of all time), Auto-Tune corrects intonation problems in vocals or solo instruments, in real time, without distortion or artifacts.
Auto-Tune also preserves all of the expressive nuance of the original performance - with audio quality so pristine that the only difference between what goes in and what comes out is the intonation. All with a user-interface that is a model of clarity, speed and ease-of-use.
For most common pitch problems, Auto-Tune Evo's Automatic Mode instantaneously detects the pitch of the input, identifies the closest pitch in a user-specified scale (including minor, major, chromatic and 26 historical and microtonal scales), and corrects the input pitch to match the scale pitch. A Retune Speed control lets you match the retune rate to virtually any performance style.
For meticulous tweaking, the Graphical Mode displays the performance's detected pitch envelope and allows you to specify the desired pitch using a variety of graphics tools. This mode gives complete control over the correction or modification of the most elaborate expressive gestures.
Auto-Tune is used daily by thousands of audio professionals around the world. Whether to save studio and editing time, ease the frustration of endless retakes, to save that otherwise once-in-a-lifetime performance, or to create striking special effects, Auto-Tune Evo is the tool of choice.
Here are some key features of "Auto-Tune Evo":
Real-time pitch shifting (Native versions only):
· Auto-Tune Evo’s new Transpose control provides extremely high-quality real-time pitch shifting over a two-octave range (+/- one octave in semi-tone increments).
· Formant correction (Native versions only): While Auto-Tune’s classic pitch adjustment technology still provides the optimum results for the very small intervals typical of conventional pitch correction, for larger intervals or outright pitch-shifting, engaging Auto-Tune Evo’s Formant Correction function preserves vocal character over a much wider pitch-shift range.
· Throat lengthThroat modeling (Native versions only): Utilizing the latest incarnation of Antares’ unique throat modeling technology, the new Throat Length control actually allows you to modify vocal character by passing it through a variable-length physical model of the human vocal tract.
Graphical Mode Features:
· Resizable Graphical Mode window: In most hosts, Auto-Tune Evo’s Graphical Mode window can be resized in real-time, limited only by the size of your monitor. (In hosts that don’t support real-time resizing, the window size can be set in the Options dialog. In VST hosts, resizing is limited to a maximum size of 1600 x 1200 pixels - still not too shabby.) .
· New Note-based pitch correction and pitch shifting: In addition to Lines and Curves, Auto-Tune Evo introduces an entirely new method of pitch editing: Note Objects.
· Clicking the Make Notes button causes Auto-Tune Evo to analyze the tracked audio and create graphic representations of the target notes (which can be fine-tuned with the Number of Note Objects control). These objects can then easily be edited, shifted in pitch, and individually pitch corrected or retuned. New Note Objects can be drawn with the new Notes Tool, and the transitions between Notes can easily be customized with the Curve Tool.
· Object-based Retune Speed settings: In one of Auto-Tune Evo’s functionally most powerful changes, Retune Speed is now an independent property of each individual correction object (Curve, Line or Note). Since each object can have its own Retune Speed setting, you will no longer need to automate Retune Speed to get the optimum rate for each note of a performance.
· Customizable object-based default Retune Speeds: Since you will typically use different pitch correction objects for different tasks (e.g., traditional pitch correction, pitch shifting, T-Pain-style effects, etc.), you can streamline your workflow by setting your own custom default Retune Speeds for each type of object (i.e., Curves, Lines, and Notes) in the Options dialog.
· retune speeds
Real-time display of output pitch:
· In addition to Auto-Tune’s traditional Tracked Pitch, Line, and Curve plots, Auto-Tune Evo provides a new Output Pitch plot that displays the exact output pitch based on the current Retune Speed. This plot updates in real time as you adjust the Retune Speed, so there’s never any doubt about the precise effect of each setting.
· Comprehensive programmable keyboard shortcuts: Auto-Tune Evo’s new Key Binding system lets you assigned virtually any Graphical Mode function to each of the QWERTY number keys (i.e., the number keys across the top of your keyboard). So no matter what your personal editing workflow, you can ensure that your most-used functions are always only a key press away.
· New Pitch Graph display mode: The new “Lanes” display mode is particularly useful when using Note Objects for pitch correction or pitch-shifting individual notes.
· Global transposition, formant correction, and throat modeling: As described up in the Automatic Mode features, these functions are also available when working in Graphical Mode.
· Graphical Paste function: The new Paste function displays a graphic representation of your copied data and lets you visually place it at the desired destination before finalizing the Paste. (Perfect for copying Note Object-based edits to other parts of a track.)
· Enhanced pitch displays: Auto-Tune Evo provides simultaneous displays of Tracked Pitch, Correction Object Pitch, and the resulting Output Pitch at the current cursor location.
· Nudge controls for pitch correction objects: To aid precise editing, the new Nudge controls let you move selected object(s) up or down in precise one pixel increments.
· AU or VST Host
· Pro Tools version 7 or later