Audirvana is a free and simple to use audiophile player for Mac OS X users. No equalizer, no trendy special effects, just the music.
In a nutshell, Audirvana enables you to listen and modify your favorite tracks with ease.
Here are some key features of "Audirvana Free":
· Native playing of FLAC, libSndFile (WAV, AIFF, ...), ALAC and other quicktime formats (AAC, MP3, ...)
· Direct sound path, directly to the CoreAudio HAL for pure bit perfect sound
· Audio Device exclusive access mode
· HAL I/O using DAC native physical formats "Integer Mode" (instead of CoreAudio 32bit float)
· Automatic sample rate switching
· Up/Oversampling capability
· Plays completely from memory
· Tracks are loaded, decoded and sample rate converted in a memory buffer before being played
· Minimizing CPU and hard drive activity to lessen sources of interference
· Gapless playback by using a double buffering mechanism (playing track and next track)
· Transparent split load for loading tracks of any size
· Background tracks loading/decoding (including sample rate conversion)
· Playlist (m3u & m3u8 formats) load/save
· Handles Apple IR Remote
· Automated updates downloading (using Sparkle)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Integer Mode support from the Apple's supplied USB Audio driver.