Audio Hijack Pro is a powerful yet user-friendly Mac OS X audio grabber and enricher, that helps its users to record and save any audio.
Audio Hijack Pro may also be used to improve or tweak the quality of any app's audio, with its built-in DSP effects, as well as industry-standard AudioUnit and VST plugins.
Audio Hijack Pro also comes with enhanced timers, MP3 recording, and the ability to hijack running applications.
Audio Hijack Pro will also allow one to pause recordings, to easily and quickly create sets of DSP effects called Patches, to use up to 100 AudioUnits and/or VST plugins at a time, and much more.
Here are some key features of "Audio Hijack Pro":
· Simple Podcasting With Audio Hijack Pro Podcast
· Podcasting is growing faster than ever, and Audio Hijack Pro is still the best tool to help you create your own podcast. With Audio Hijack Pro, you can rapidly create your own programs and then share them with the world. From simple microphone recording to much more complex shows containing music clips, multiple hosts, and even voice chat (from applications like Skype or iChat), Audio Hijack Pro is the perfect way to create your podcasts. Download Audio Hijack Pro and see the "Recording Podcasts" page in the manual (under the Help menu), then get podcasting!
· Bring Your Analog Music Into Your Digital Hub
· Record and Tape Remember "Rip. Mix. Burn."? It's great, but if you have records, tapes or any other analog content, you were out of luck. No longer! With Audio Hijack Pro, you can quickly and easily import any analog content. Audio Hijack Pro will record the audio in real-time, tag the files with information you set, and even send the songs on to iTunes when the recording is finished. Awesome! Even better, with the new Silence Monitor, Audio Hijack Pro can split an album into multiple tracks for you automatically, just by listening for the gaps.
· One Individual Recording, Multiple Individual Recordings, Or All Sources In One Recording!
· Depending on how you configure Audio Hijack Pro, it can record from one application at a time (just the audio from Safari), multiple separate applications into separate file (Safari and DVD Player), or all audio at once.
· When you record from one application, Audio Hijack Pro will grab audio from only that application. With Audio Hijack Pro you won't wind up with system alerts, iChat beeps, or any other audio you don't want.
· You can also set Audio Hijack Pro to grab audio from multiple individual sources at the same time. If you want to record a stream from DVD Player, and another stream from Safari, you can do it. Set up multiple sessions, one for each source, then hit record and you'll be all set. When the recordings are done, you'll have one file for each recording - your VCR can't even do that!
· Finally, you can use the System Audio input source to record all audio being played on your machine. If you want to record everything coming out of your speakers, use the System Audio input device and Audio Hijack Pro will save this all to one file.
· Your Ears Will Thank You
· Plugin Icons Audio Hijack Pro comes with almost 60 plugins built right in, and because we use industry standard formats, you can download hundreds more from the internet. You can use VST (Effects and Synths), AudioUnit (Effects, Midi-Controlled Effects, and Music Devices), LADSPA, and our own .4fx plugins to sweeten and enhance any audio. Use our 10-band Equalizer to enhance your DVD watching, or apply Excitifier to "un-muddy" low quality internet streams. You can run up to 10 plugins in a row with Audio Hijack Pro, and up to 100 in parallel, to tweak your audio to your obsessive-compulsive heart's delight.
· Listeners Of The World Unite - You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Chains
· Broken Chain With Audio Hijack Pro, you're free from the chains of restrictive audio formats. You can convert any hard-to-play audio, (Real Media, Windows Media or anything else) into any of the more universal formats Audio Hijack Pro supports. At least one of the MP3, AIFF, AAC and Apple Lossless formats Audio Hijack Pro records is playable by almost every software player and hardware device on the planet. Take purchased audio books on the MP3 player you already own - there's no need to purchase an expensive iPod just to listen to them. Play purchased iTunes Music Store files in alternative MP3 players such as Audion, or with hardware devices like the SLIMP3 Squeezebox. In short, play your audio when and where you want. You own it - shouldn't you control it?
· In trial mode the noise will be overlaid on all hijacked audio over 10 minutes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.3, fixing several small issues including one related to the Amarra iTunes plug-in.
· Fixed a crash which could occur when the source application was quit while audio was being captured from it. Phew!
· The "Add To iTunes as Bookmarkable" script would sometimes fail. Now, it should always work. Or at the very least, work more often.
· Some AIFF files could not be read by iTunes 11.0.0 and iTunes 11.0.1, due to a bug on Apple's end. That bug was reported to Apple and is fixed in iTunes 11.0.2 and up. Nevertheless, we've worked around it as well.
· Sometimes, large artwork caused Audio Hijack Pro to crash. Those days are behind us.
· The AppleScript dictionary now properly allows for scripting WAV recording.
· Audio Hijack Pro now writes WAV tags differently, and hopefully, better(ly).
· An issue where the discrete GPU in some laptops could turn on unnecessarily has been corrected.
· Audio capture has been made more robust, thanks to fascinating ...